so on my way home tonight i went to send a text to my g/f and it kept giving me the red x and it just said network error. i did a batter pull and the same thing keeps happening, i tried texting like 5-6 other people and its the same thing!

everything else works, phone, email, data, just NO TEXTING.

i tried 228 and resending service books also. anyone else having this problem?
    04-16-09 12:59 AM
    Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table>BB Button>Register
    04-16-09 01:01 AM
    Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table>BB Button>Register

IT WORKED. i'm suprised i didn't even think of that!
    04-16-09 01:07 AM
    IT WORKED. i'm suprised i didn't even think of that!
    If we never missed anything and were always perfect, we'd not need each other.
    04-16-09 08:30 AM
    I'm having a similar issue. I can't receive mms on my curve.
    I tried 228 and a battery pull. Only other thing I can think of is resending my service books. Its getting irritating.
    04-18-09 05:04 AM
    I'm having a similar issue. I can't receive mms on my curve.
    I tried 228 and a battery pull. Only other thing I can think of is resending my service books. Its getting irritating.
    Can you browse the internet? Have you ever been able to get MMS?

If you cannot browse do the register now. Options>advanced options> host routing table>menu>register now. Test again. If it is still not working call VZW and have a tech check the account and switch
    04-18-09 07:38 AM
    I upgraded with a non verizon OS, us cellulars I think. So I'm going to go home and reinstall verizons OS and see if that fixes it. I'm pretty sure it will. I'll let everyone know the outcome.
    04-18-09 08:12 AM
    If that does not fix it then call VZW it might be a simple fix as the switch sometimes reverts back to not allowing MMS. I have seen this from time to time.
    04-18-09 08:21 AM
    I can send pics (mms), but I can not receive them. Would this be the switch or my OS?
    04-18-09 08:25 AM
    I would venture to guess it is not the OS. Before going though that, I would have VZW check your account and the switch. do not tell them what OS you have, they will not support the one you have. since you can send and not recv, I doubt once again that it is the OS
    04-18-09 08:27 AM
    Anyone try...

Options>MMS> Then select Always, Always, and check all the boxes?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-09 10:53 AM
    Verizon tech is stumped. Everything checks out in the system. But when I get sent an mms it tells the sender "Message rejected by recipient."
    Any ideas? I'm at my wits end.
    04-18-09 01:32 PM
    Did you try my suggestion?

04-18-09 05:29 PM
    I changed the mms settings, that's how I figured out the error message (Message rejected by recipient) even though I'm not rejecting it. I sent an mms to myself to test. Thank you for the tip, I wouldn't have found that out otherwise. I'm off to call verizons tech support again after I backup everything. I have a feeling I'm going to either have to wipe the berry or reinstall the OS to get the mms working again. I'll let you know how it goes.
    04-18-09 05:50 PM
    After you changed the settings, you saved and then did a full reboot - if so, check your free memory. If that is still good, you stumped me

04-18-09 07:17 PM
    you stumped me

Dang get a camera! This is a first

Dad keep up the good work
    04-18-09 07:20 PM
    Never fully stumped, my friend. Always have my universal fix waiting in the wings.

04-18-09 08:21 PM
    Never fully stumped, my friend. Always have my universal fix waiting in the wings.

Yep the old sledge hammer, personally I like small explosives.

I still this the problem is a switch setting or a routing problem
    04-18-09 08:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD