My daughter texted me on the way into work to see if I was getting her texts and I am. We're both on Verizon. Seems a couple of her friends not on Verizon are not getting here texts. I had her give me a couple numbers and they didn't receive mine either. We're on different plans (me work - her personal). Anyone else able to text from Verizon to other networks and have it go through? I'm in NJ/NY if it matters.

One is on TMobile and the other AT&T. My daughter (on Verizon in NJ) is able to receive their texts but at least the TMobile phone is not receiving from Verizon.

Anyone else successful or unsuccessful in sending out of network texts?
    10-27-10 08:23 AM
    I would also check your account on their website and make sure there isn't some strange block or plan feature that is preventing out of network TXT messages.
    10-27-10 09:08 AM
    Im actually having the same issue i have a unlimited plan through Verizon so its not that I can receive my txts from a T-Mobile customer and BBM's but they are not receiving mine??? Also im in the NY/NJ area maybe does any one know if there are glitches? HELLLLLP
    10-27-10 09:20 AM
    I would also check your account on their website and make sure there isn't some strange block or plan feature that is preventing out of network TXT messages.
    I mentioned - 2 different accounts, same issue. Multiple recipients seeing the same thing.
    10-27-10 09:28 AM
    Im actually having the same issue i have a unlimited plan through Verizon so its not that I can receive my txts from a T-Mobile customer and BBM's but they are not receiving mine??? Also im in the NY/NJ area maybe does any one know if there are glitches? HELLLLLP
    Thanks - wanted some confirmation it was happening.
    10-27-10 09:29 AM
    Have you contacted Verizon to see if they are have network issues in your area?
    10-27-10 10:32 AM
    Seems like this type of thing is not new.....hmmmmmm....

Not Receiving Text Messages from Verizon?? - Page 2 - AT&T Community
    10-27-10 10:37 AM
    I have another idea for you to try....Though it may not solve the problem, it might help figure out where the problem lies.

How about sending a TXT to your recipients, but instead of a TXT, originate it as an email and send via the SMS gateway.

As an example, if your verizon cell phone number was 987-654-3210, someone could send you a TXT but instead of them typing a TXT, they would send an email to the following: 9876543210@vtext.com.

I do this with my daughter as she has a TXT plan but I do not. I send a "free" email and she receives a TXT.

A list of the SMS gateways is here: List of SMS gateways - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You mentioned one of your recipients is AT&T and one is T-Mobile. You should be able to find the gateways you need there.

Now, clearly you would be originating this as an email from your phone. I do not know at what point this gets translated and entered into the SMS system. My gut tells me this goes as an email all the way to the intended gateway where it is then translated to TXT/SMS. If this is correct, then you would appear to be taking the VZW SMS system out of the loop, which would be a good thing in the effort of troubleshooting.

If, by chance, the Verizon network recognizes that your intended recipient is an SMS gateway and then pretranslates to SMS before actually sending it, then this is of not much value.

But I do think this effort may be telling........
    10-27-10 11:25 AM
    Seems to be working again now. No changes on my end and texts to someone on AT&T that could not receive them this morning are coming through now.

Sorry I couldn't run through other tests while the problem was occurring, but meetings occupied most of my day.
    10-27-10 03:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD