It's been said before over and over again, but I just got off the phone with VZW because all day today i was sending text message after text message and made a few calls, however got NOTHING in response until i powered my phone down and back on this evening around 7 pm. the rep at VZW ran a few texting and email tests on my 8330 and everything seems fine. He said that it could just be that i am in the extended network thus it takes a little longer for messages to go through. however, i've always been in the extended network and it's never taken ALL day, let alone a power on and off to receive my messages.

could it just be a glitch in the network and vzw is having an off day? doing some work or updates on the network?
    07-12-08 07:40 PM
    Nope, being in an ext network, means you kinda roaming off another networks tower. While the agreements work well, the owners of the tower give priority to their customers. So if there is a lot of traffic then you get late msg's .

This is just one take on it. but if a power down fixes it, then it got to be a memory issue.
    07-12-08 07:43 PM
    I doubt it is a memory issue. Sometimes Verizon's network just gets stuck on a phone. If you get a Treo it happens at least once a week.

Use the Auto On/Off function and turn your phone off for 15 minutes a night. I do it for mine around 4-4:15 and have never had this issue
    07-12-08 11:28 PM
    I doubt it is a memory issue. Sometimes Verizon's network just gets stuck on a phone. If you get a Treo it happens at least once a week.

Use the Auto On/Off function and turn your phone off for 15 minutes a night. I do it for mine around 4-4:15 and have never had this issue

i'll use the auto on/off function and see how that works.

i'm consdering spending the extra cash for the extended battery. is it worth it?
    07-12-08 11:35 PM
    why would you need an extended battery? do you often run your battery down that low?
    07-12-08 11:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD