I got my blackberry 8330 today. And my text messaging seems to be lagging, and other things. For example. I receive a text message, re light on the phone starts to blink on the main screen is says inbox (so an so many in the inbox) but once i enter my inbox..it doesn't show me ANY new ones? What the hell? Then I can't delete some of my texts as well....And then I got 3 voicemails it was showing me...but was not able to see them till 3 hours later...what the hell?

I'm going to Verizon tomorrow, to figure out what the deal is..im pissed.
    08-30-08 11:14 PM
    Try to do a reset. Pull out your battery for about 20 seconds then put it back in. That happened to me before and that fixed it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-08 11:16 PM
    Try to do a reset. Pull out your battery for about 20 seconds then put it back in. That happened to me before and that fixed it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Ok, I just did that. So if it doesn't work, what's my next move, go back to verizon wireless? I paid a lot of money..it better not have been a waste.
    08-30-08 11:23 PM
    If you just got the phone today, you could be having some initialization / activation issues. If the voice mails were the result of missed phone calls, try reprogramming your phone by calling *22899. It's a free call.
    08-30-08 11:36 PM
    If you just got the phone today, you could be having some initialization / activation issues. If the voice mails were the result of missed phone calls, try reprogramming your phone by calling *22899. It's a free call.
    I hope that's what's going on. So far it seems to be working. But the minute it doesn't, boy will i be back in verizon wireless complaining.
    Relletti likes this.
    08-30-08 11:44 PM
    It's always possible you could have gotten a defective phone, but it's not likely. And the 8330 is an excellent choice, since it has 50% more memory than any other model available now.

I suspect your problems are just start-up issues. The only real complaint people have with Verizon is they disable the internal GPS for use with any app other than their subscription VZNav service. That's true of all Verizon BlackBerry's, not just the 8330. Otherwise, it's a very solid, very capable carrier/device combo.
    08-30-08 11:58 PM
    @ OP: Also, remember this: CSR (phone and in person) hate hate HATE needy, complaining customers. My recommendation is that if the phone is indeed a lemon to go to the VZW store and calmly and courteously explain the situation, don't "get pissed and go into the store complaining."

I've had more than my fair share of customers coming in full of **** and vinegar and vomiting (figuratively) all over me for really minor issues. Is the phone broken? OK, we'll fix or replace it. Are you have service issues? We'll take bloody care of it. We're doing business - there's two parts to every transaction. You do your part - being a patient, understanding customer who pays us - and we'll do ours, which is getting you set up with whatever you need (a new phone, service adjustments, etc) quickly and efficiently. We need your cash, you need our phone - we CAN work together to make sure everyone gets what they need without being uncivil. :P

/rant
    08-31-08 12:53 AM
    I hope that's what's going on. So far it seems to be working. But the minute it doesn't, boy will i be back in verizon wireless complaining.
    Depending on your location, most likely a store will not be be able to help. This maybe a network issue. If the issue is not yet resolved it maybe for this reason.

There was a nationwide SMS issue for a short time last week. As far as I know it has been resolved, but if you are still getting this issue call your carriers tech support. I think you are VZW, if so call 1 800 922 0204 and press 3 for tech support.

THey have ways to adjust the account settings to resolve this.
    08-31-08 07:07 AM
    So far it appears to be working fine. No problems since the last time I spoke of it.
    08-31-08 09:12 AM
    Good deal - sounds like it may have been part of the outtage I spoke of
    08-31-08 09:13 AM
    Call Verizon for tech support @ 1-800-922-0204
    08-31-08 03:15 PM
    My call history and texts got erased. I have a curve 8830, and I used to have a similar problem with a Pearl. This morning, I woke up to realize that all my texts (not emails) and call history had gotten erased. Anyone having this problem?
    WOW this makes 3 areas for the same post.
    08-31-08 03:33 PM
    WOW this makes 3 areas for the same post.
    lol all within about five mins of each other.
    08-31-08 03:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD