Has anyone else recently noticed that when they send a text to another verizon user that the "D" above the check mark for delivered is no longer appearing?

I have a 8330 (Curve) and just noticed it tonight. I'm out of NJ so I didn't know if this was just a service issue in my area or if others have noticed this. I noticed it tonight and it looks like the last time I got a "D" was on Wednesday.
    09-19-08 09:36 PM
    09-19-08 10:01 PM
    Oh I still have mine...for now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-08 11:07 PM
    Oh so that is what the D is. I seen that a few times in the past. I'm with sprint. But I haven't noticed the checkmark with a D in awhile. Did sprint do away with confirming delivery as well? Or is there a setting I have inadvertantly changed? I always naturally assume that if it successfully was sent that is was successfully delivered.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-08 04:29 AM
    dont know if it is a bb think or a provider thing but last nite i just started getting a deliver confirmation txt after every sms.
    08-26-09 09:33 PM
    The D has gone away in some markets, but is still there for other markets.... I know they were looking to stop the delivery confirmation all together but it never ended up happening...
    08-26-09 09:35 PM
    I've noticed its just for m2m msging.
    I dont get the D when I text my supervisor and he's on tmo. I get the D when I text my sisters; mom; bf; and other collegues with verizon.
    Its actually how I figure out who I can text crazy with or who I should get their pins. LOL
    08-26-09 09:49 PM
    Hi. I have the 8330 curve. When I send a text message the check with the "D" pops up when it is sent. Recently the "D" stopped popping up and now I've been getting a message saying the message succeeded. Its annoying and I wanted to know if anyone knew how I could get it back to the check mark with the "D"??? Please help!
    08-27-09 04:03 PM
    I just looked at it again and it works for everyone i text except one person. Do you think it could be the way the person has their setting???
    08-27-09 04:09 PM
    The letter "D" appears on TXT, MMS and BBM which means delivered within your respective carrier, i.e. VZW to VZW customer. Those who have a BB phone and you send to another BB phone within your carrier once a message has been read, you get a letter "R", which means the message was Read.

Keep this in mind, it only works within your carrier, which is the reason why Heather doesn't see it when she sends her boss a message (he is with TMO).

Now if you send to another BB user irregardless of the carrier and you send via BBM you will see the letter "D" and the letter "R".

Actually, I use this feature in a sneaky way, I have some non-BB co-workers and when I text them and the message has been delivered, but they claim they didn't get them, I know they are lying. I don't tell them this, but eventually they start to wonder how I know they are lying.

I have not experimented enough to be 100 percent certain, but feel I'm at least 95 percent correct.
    08-27-09 10:21 PM
    This still works for me- I use it as a way to figure out if my bf is busy or not (he is non-bb but is on verizon).
    08-28-09 04:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD