Hello!
    I have a bb 8130 Pearl with Verizon. I would like to tether (using bluetooth) my bb to my mac. I found the directions to tethering a bb to a mac online, but it would not work unless I had a tethering plan with Verizon. I called Verizon and they told me that the only Verizon phone that could tether with a mac was a MotoQ. Grrrrr..... Please can someone help me?!
    Thanks in advance.

P.S. Sorry I tried searching to see if anyone had posted this before, but I could not find an answer anywhere. Thanks so much.
    11-17-08 10:43 PM
    The rep is correct. Moto Q is the only device suppoted by VZW. If it works for you great if not sorry. You will need the extra tethering feature either way.
    11-17-08 10:58 PM
    I am fully aware that I will need to pay the extra for the tethering feature, but was wondering if anyone had any luck getting the Pearl to tether with a mac via bluetooth.
    11-17-08 11:07 PM
    Go look at your post in the Mac section
    11-18-08 12:32 AM
    I used to tether my Curve to my OS 10.4 Macbook via bluetooth (with tethering plan). Now I use the latest version of Access Manager via USB. Not sure about the whole "Q" thing or Pearl limitations, but mine worked fine...again, check the mac section of the forum.
    Last edited by Martinisloth; 11-18-08 at 10:07 AM. Reason: changed wording
    11-18-08 10:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD