Price Plan Desc: CORE CH FOR BUS $79.99 450 ANY UNL IN/N&W $39.99 UNL BLKBERRY $40 0605

Anyone familiar with Verizon plans and codes: Is tethering included in the above price plan?

Thanks.
    02-27-08 09:57 PM
    None of their data plans include tethering unless it is explicitly advertised. Tethering is an expensive service and is never advertised as unlimited... That plan doesn't include it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-08 10:00 PM
    Doc:

No, the tethering option for Broadband Access Connect is not bundled into these plans. You will need an additional feature added to your account. Should be only $15 and can be added and removed at any time - with no affect on your min/data plan bundle.

Jewel
    02-27-08 10:01 PM
    Thanks.

I have the following dilemma:

My employer allows me to get a BlackBerry. They run their own BES. I can get any model and any carrier as long as it's a BlackBerry. They will pay for the service to connect to BES.

Personally, I want to get EVDO and tethering.

For Verizon, I would have to pay $15 out of my own pocket to get tethering.

For Sprint, the plan that allows me to connect to BES already includes tethering.

So I guess I now lean more towards Sprint than Verizon.

Any comment or suggestion?

I may wait couple weeks to see if the Verizon or Sprint releases their Curve.
    02-27-08 10:15 PM
    Well I can promise you that you will have better success with Verizon! Tho they both offer a 30 day trial. So hold out and wait for the curve...just don't hold your breath because you may be holding it for a while!
    02-27-08 10:18 PM
    My employer allows me to get a BlackBerry. They run their own BES. I can get any model and any carrier as long as it's a BlackBerry. They will pay for the service to connect to BES.

Personally, I want to get EVDO and tethering.

For Verizon, I would have to pay $15 out of my own pocket to get tethering.

For Sprint, the plan that allows me to connect to BES already includes tethering.

So I guess I now lean more towards Sprint than Verizon.

Any comment or suggestion?

I may wait couple weeks to see if the Verizon or Sprint releases their Curve.
    It sounds like Verizon is going to be your best bet, honestly. I used Sprint's service a couple of months back and found it less than desirable. Their customer "service" was laughable. I could never recommend them to anyone. My experiences with Verizon have been great, though! Their network is definitely super fast. I really miss EV-DO now that I'm on EDGE.
    02-28-08 07:39 AM
    It sounds like Verizon is going to be your best bet, honestly. I used Sprint's service a couple of months back and found it less than desirable. Their customer "service" was laughable. I could never recommend them to anyone. My experiences with Verizon have been great, though! Their network is definitely super fast. I really miss EV-DO now that I'm on EDGE.
    Miakeru, did you switch to Cingular because you wanted a Curve?
    02-28-08 01:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD