I have tmo and they includes everything under their data plan which is tethering. How about with verizon? As long as you have a bes plan, is tethering included or u have to pay extra?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-10 04:51 PM
    Tethering on VZW is not free.

$30 extra if on BIS
    $15 extra if on BES

Tethering is an extra monthly fee.

04-04-10 04:53 PM
    As discussed in great detail in this forum, tethering from Verizon does have a monthly fee. There are programs that allow you to tether for "free".

04-04-10 09:50 PM
    Search it has been discussed countless times on these forums.

04-04-10 10:01 PM
    Search it has been discussed countless times on these forums.

"Discussed" is a nice way of putting it.
    04-04-10 10:11 PM
    For those who use Tether (or Tetherberry) the TOS: Terms of Service | Tether is interesting. It states the software is for use on one phone and if you change phones you must purchase a new license.
    04-05-10 10:45 AM
    "Discussed" is a nice way of putting it.
    Lol battled over would make sense...
    Basically ending with of u use tetherberry or some other means you will be bent over by vzw.

04-05-10 12:13 PM
    Isn't Verizon offering the palm pre/pixi hotspot for free now? That would be free tethering.
    04-05-10 03:46 PM
    Isn't Verizon offering the palm pre/pixi hotspot for free now? That would be free tethering.
    That would be correct, but according to the OPs stat's he doesn't have the Pre or Pixi.
    04-05-10 04:17 PM
    As far as I know its not free....

04-05-10 04:59 PM
    For those who use Tether (or Tetherberry) the TOS: Terms of Service | Tether is interesting. It states the software is for use on one phone and if you change phones you must purchase a new license.

i've changed my PIN two times since i had Tether and it was switched over no problem. Tether can only be used on one BlackBerry *at a time.* But if you change phones, you can transfer your license easily.

Update PIN
    Our system now runs of registration codes, instead of PINs. We found this solution to be much easier for our users. If you have lost or upgraded your BlackBerry simply download Tether onto your new device and enter your existing Registration Code. The registration code is locked down to a single BlackBerry at a time.
    Sources:
    Tether Support | Tether
    FAQs | Tether
    04-07-10 11:45 AM
    tethering is free through wifi tethering on the Pre and Pixi for now
    04-08-10 06:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD