When I got my storm they told me there was a way to tether with Bluetooth without paying the extra tethering charge. I did everything to set it up but it still shows a page about adding tethering to the plan. How do I get around this. Help!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-10 03:53 PM
    Bluetooth, cable, the device still uses the network to get the data. Therefore you need the feature. If you use tetherberry, this might work, but beware of data charges you may not expect. I do not know if this software supports bluetooth or not.
    01-27-10 03:55 PM
    +1. If you really want to tehter you need the tethering feature
    01-27-10 03:58 PM
    What exactly is tetherberry? Is it free?

01-27-10 03:59 PM
    Tether (formerly TetherBerry) is available from the CrackBerry App Store and from Verizon's online store. It is $50 (one time, not monthly) and in its latest version supports Bluetooth. As lastraid noted, if you exceed your usage limits, you may get substantial data charges from Verizon. That's the case regardless of how you get the data, and Tether warns you of the possibility.
    01-27-10 04:03 PM
    What if I have unlimited blackberry data. Will I still incurr charges

01-27-10 04:05 PM
    You need to study the fine print in your plan very carefully. "Unlimited" may be defined as up to 5GB. When data was mostly email, 5GB was practically equal to infinite. If you want to stream audio and video 24x7, it's not.
    01-27-10 04:11 PM
    Okay. I also have another question. Is it possible for me to try the application before I drop 50 on it?

01-27-10 04:13 PM
    Tether used to have a free trial, but the option is grayed out for me. I'm not sure why. Here's the link to the CB Store: Tether for BlackBerry - Communication & Internet BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store. Note the warnings about data usage charges.

Tether occasionally goes on sale. If you don't need it right away, you might watch for a sale. I don't have any inside info on sale dates or prices, I just know it has in the past.
    01-27-10 04:17 PM
    Thanks greatly appreciated

01-27-10 04:25 PM
    I just downloaded a free 7 day trial at tether's website. Google tetherberry and you'll find it.
    01-28-10 09:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD