If I paid to tether. Can I tether 2 computers off one Blackberry?

Thanks in advance!
    06-02-09 09:11 PM
    If I paid to tether. Can I tether 2 computers off one Blackberry?

Thanks in advance!

I think only 1 at a time..

I have heard of people attempting to get this working but I have not heard of someone doing it successfully..
    06-02-09 09:13 PM
    I think only 1 at a time..

I have heard of people attempting to get this working but I have not heard of someone doing it successfully..
    x2, depending on what OP is talking about. if you are going to tether with one computer, then tether with another computer, then tether with another, you can do that easily.
    06-02-09 09:31 PM
    I've never tried while tethering, but I do have my USB device shared. To make a long story short, have one computer connected to the internet via the device. That computer needs to have a connection, either wired or wireless to a router or hub. Disable DHCP if it a router. In network connections on the connecting computer, turn on internet connection sharing. Connect the second computer to the router/hub. It will get an IP address from the connecting computer. Viola, you have shared an internet connection.

I might try this tonight with my blackberry tethered, but I see no reason as to why this wouldn't work. The blackberry only hands out the one IP address to the connecting computer, the connecting computer hands out IP addresses to the additional computers.

If you have any questions, PIN me or something
    06-02-09 09:45 PM
    All I can say is if you get to work, watch out for the 5GB cap
    06-02-09 10:38 PM
    Exactly, I have the Mifi and it blows through data like you wouldn't believe
    06-02-09 10:40 PM
    +1

someone can blow through the cap on just tethering one pretty easily so tethering 2 I can't imagine
    06-02-09 10:49 PM
    +1

someone can blow through the cap on just tethering one pretty easily so tethering 2 I can't imagine
    Is the 5gb cap a soft one? Or do they start automatically charging as soon as you go over.
    06-02-09 10:54 PM
    Is the 5gb cap a soft one? Or do they start automatically charging as soon as you go over.
    Yes it is a soft cap and yes they charge you when you go over.
    06-02-09 10:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD