I have looked over and over and I think I may have found an answer but not 100% sure... I have the storm one and just got the tether.com program working... first of all WOW! I love it so far... I'm actually sitting in the car (not driving) and surfing the web!! But... I want to know if vzw will "know" that i'm using the tether software and charge me the tethering data plan?? i read the vzw does not know how the data is being used becuase it uses the same data number... I just want to make sure before I rack of some surprise charges... of course worse case, the tethering plan is only 15 a moth for 5gigs, correct?? Any feedback would make my trip a little less concerned.... thanks guys! and of course i do have the unlimited data plan....
    05-28-10 06:23 PM
    I would just do the tethering plan if you are worried.
    05-28-10 07:43 PM
    I have looked over and over and I think I may have found an answer but not 100% sure... I have the storm one and just got the tether.com program working... first of all WOW! I love it so far... I'm actually sitting in the car (not driving) and surfing the web!! But... I want to know if vzw will "know" that i'm using the tether software and charge me the tethering data plan?? i read the vzw does not know how the data is being used becuase it uses the same data number... I just want to make sure before I rack of some surprise charges... of course worse case, the tethering plan is only 15 a moth for 5gigs, correct?? Any feedback would make my trip a little less concerned.... thanks guys! and of course i do have the unlimited data plan....
    Technically it violates the terms of service.

However, no one on CB has ever (to my knowledge) confirmed being fined or billed extra or terminated because of using tether.

Just don't go nuts and you'll probably go unnoticed.
    05-28-10 08:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD