Yep, I did a side-by-side comparison of the new BB Tour against my BB Bold.
    First, I selected same apps and hit "go" and to my surprise, the BB Tour kept pace with my Bold. I then opened the Browser so I could compare the web browsing speed of the two BBs. Now, before I go on, I want to say that I am first shocked by the results. Why, because the Verizon BB Tour internet capability is wayyyy faster that that I get on my Bold through AT&T. I talking wayyyyyy faster. It is my understanding that "3G" is a technical format and hence all 3G service should have the same specs and speed capabilities barring heavy loads on a carrier's system, the performance of the devices should have been similar. Not so, as the Tour loaded page after page way faster than my Bold. What gives?

Lastly, one thing I liked about the new BB Tour is the new "Visual V-Mail" feature. Man! Can someone pls develop an app that will current Bold owners to have this feature! Man, visual v-mail is the coolest thing since,...sliced bread and I want it now.

08-05-09 10:11 AM
    ATT's 3G has been chopped off at the legs by the iPhone. You wont get anywhere near CDMA 3G speeds because the iPhone is chewing up all the BW.

a year ago, I went from 1500Kbps, which is 1.5Mbps, which is 150KB a sec to less than a third of that.

Now? I barely get 300Kbps.. and most often than not, lower than that. =(
    Last edited by sniffs; 08-05-09 at 10:51 AM.
    08-05-09 10:48 AM
    Youmail is a great free visiual VM app for you bold
    08-05-09 10:51 AM
    I am very impressed with the speed of the Tour...
    08-05-09 11:00 AM
    I have also heard of VyMail. Never tried it tho.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 01:23 PM