06-15-09 07:33 PM
36 12
tools
    Hi guys, I came across a thread saying that we could get out of our contract due to charge changes.(http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/get...ct-now-246729/) When I call Verizon, what should I ask them to do? Thanks.
    06-15-09 02:39 PM
    You should first realize that clause affects the part of the service you contracted for. It does NOT include text messaging, data plans, insurance or other optional charges.

The only other way to get out of the contract is if you move to an area of the world that has no VZW service - this does not include a particular room of your house that you don't get coverage - if you live in a VZW service area, this won't work and they will require proof of any claimed move.

There have been no materially adverse plan changes recently, so have fun.

After all, I believe that link was written by a kid who is not legally able to enter into a contract - so take it with a huge grain of salt.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-09 03:55 PM
    You should say Hi, I'm looking to not hold up my end of the bargain on a contract we signed. I mean I know you guys gave me a significant discount on the equipment when I signed up.. but you know.. I wanna leave now and I don't feel you should charge me even though I'm not holding up my end of the agreement.

see what they say
    06-15-09 03:57 PM
    You should say Hi, I'm looking to not hold up my end of the bargain on a contract we signed. I mean I know you guys gave me a significant discount on the equipment when I signed up.. but you know.. I wanna leave now and I don't feel you should charge me even though I'm not holding up my end of the agreement.

see what they say
    Good One!

Unless your TOS changed, which they haven't, for 175.00 you can get out...but now its prorated I think.
    06-15-09 04:01 PM

see what they say
    HA HA HA HA!!!!! ROFL
    Please I have to laugh... *sniff* that was funny...
    06-15-09 04:10 PM

see what they say
    Well actually, I've been on my contract for a year and a half now and we did happen to buy the equipment from Ebay and one from Verizon. So, I guess Verizon gives me a significant discount on the equipment I bought from Ebay. From what they charge, they already made up what I payed for my Dare. If I have to, I will happily pay the termination fee because I understand what you are saying about how the pay to discount equipment. I do not have great coverage in my home (no bars in certain parts) but did they care when I called no. I guess they are not holding up their part of the contract. I do not think that a company should not get what they deserve if a customer wishes to terminate for a non-carrier related reason. Thank you for the help you have given me in the past Weekendbum but Sprint is cheaper for me and Verizon has told me that this effects my plan so I should be able to terminate without fee.
    06-15-09 04:23 PM
    You should first realize that clause affects the part of the service you contracted for. It does NOT include text messaging, data plans, insurance or other optional charges.

The only other way to get out of the contract is if you move to an area of the world that has no VZW service - this does not include a particular room of your house that you don't get coverage - if you live in a VZW service area, this won't work and they will require proof of any claimed move.

There have been no materially adverse plan changes recently, so have fun.

After all, I believe that link was written by a kid who is not legally able to enter into a contract - so take it with a huge grain of salt.

Thank you for your help. I'm going to call again to make sure I can get out of my contract. The first Rep. indicated yes so, I just want to check. I'll mis this Verizon thread if I leave but thank you to everyone who has helped me.
    06-15-09 04:26 PM
    Well actually, I've been on my contract for a year and a half now and we did happen to buy the equipment from Ebay and one from Verizon. So, I guess Verizon gives me a significant discount on the equipment I bought from Ebay. From what they charge, they already made up what I payed for my Dare. If I have to, I will happily pay the termination fee because I understand what you are saying about how the pay to discount equipment. I do not have great coverage in my home (no bars in certain parts) but did they care when I called no. I guess they are not holding up their part of the contract. I do not think that a company should not get what they deserve if a customer wishes to terminate for a non-carrier related reason. Thank you for the help you have given me in the past Weekendbum but Sprint is cheaper for me and Verizon has told me that this effects my plan so I should be able to terminate without fee.
    I am confused by your last statement. If you don't get coverage with Verizon, I don't see how sprint will be better because doesn't sprint use verizon's towers?
    06-15-09 04:27 PM
    If you purchased your phone on ebay, you won't have a contract. So of course they're not going to give you a discount. What plan are you on? The money you pay every month does not go directly to paying back the discount on the phone. It goes to network fixing, salaries, systems, advertising etc..

I mean good luck, I just think it's weasling out, but that's on you. Not me. Hope you enjoy sprint. Verizon welcomes you back whenever you change your mind.
    06-15-09 04:29 PM
    I am confused by your last statement. If you don't get coverage with Verizon, I don't see how sprint will be better because doesn't sprint use verizon's towers?
    I think I should have reworded. Sprint and Verizon haves eparate towers where I live and I'm much closer to the Sprint tower than Verizon thus giving me better coverage with Sprint than Verizon. Also, a Verizon Rep. has indicated that the change Verizon made to my plan should let me get out for free. Sprint only uses Verizon's towers id there is no Sprint coverage detected.
    06-15-09 04:30 PM
    I think I should have reworded. Sprint and Verizon haves eparate towers where I live and I'm much closer to the Sprint tower than Verizon thus giving me better coverage with Sprint than Verizon. Also, a Verizon Rep. has indicated that the change Verizon made to my plan should let me get out for free. Sprint only uses Verizon's towers id there is no Sprint coverage detected.
    Gotcha. That makes sense.
    However, with the pre problems I have been reading, why not wait it out a bit?
    06-15-09 04:31 PM
    If you purchased your phone on ebay, you won't have a contract. So of course they're not going to give you a discount. What plan are you on? The money you pay every month does not go directly to paying back the discount on the phone. It goes to network fixing, salaries, systems, advertising etc..

I mean good luck, I just think it's weasling out, but that's on you. Not me. Hope you enjoy sprint. Verizon welcomes you back whenever you change your mind.
    I'm on a family plan because we got the Dare through Verizon thus, activating a 2 year contract. I would just like to try out Sprint with the Pre which looks rather nice and the Simply Everything Data Plan for families is a lot more bang for your buck than Verizon's. If Sprint doesn't work ou I will happily come back to Verizon. Thanks for all your help and wish me luck.
    06-15-09 04:33 PM
    Gotcha. That makes sense.
    However, with the pre problems I have been reading, why not wait it out a bit?
    I believe that if I'm getting out due to the plan change, I have about 30 days or less to get out. I was playing with a Pre in the store and it handles what i need for it to do. If it doesn't work out then I'll just return to Verizon.

P.S. Congrats on hitting the 200 post count! You're that much closer to the next level!
    06-15-09 04:35 PM
    I believe that if I'm getting out due to the plan change, I have about 30 days or less to get out. I was playing with a Pre in the store and it handles what i need for it to do. If it doesn't work out then I'll just return to Verizon.
    Good luck!
    At least come back and post what you think of the OS.
    06-15-09 04:36 PM
    Scratch that part - different thread - there have been so many lately.

On another site, I heard of someone being told they could get out because of the increase in text messaging fees - they were billed for the ETF anyway.

Will see if I can find it. Guy wasn't happy & it turned out he spoke with outsourced CS. He lost.

06-15-09 04:36 PM
    Good luck!
    At least come back and post what you think of the OS.
    I will of course! We will also be getting two Curves so you may see me lingering on the Curve forum as well!
    06-15-09 04:37 PM
    do what ive seen several people do.

Just dont pay your bill. Thatll teach us.
    06-15-09 04:38 PM
    Scratch that part - different thread - there have been so many lately.

On another site, I heard of someone being told they could get out because of the increase in text messaging fees - they were billed for the ETF anyway.

Will see if I can find it. Guy wasn't happy & it turned out he spoke with outsourced CS. He lost.

That's interesting. I'll have to do some research as well. Thank you for all your help. If I go to Sprint, I'll miss all your help on the Sprint Forun.
    06-15-09 04:39 PM
    do what ive seen several people do.

Just dont pay your bill. Thatll teach us.
    I'm not that bad. That would ruin my credit as well I believe.
    06-15-09 04:40 PM
    Are you on a select plan?? Do you have a text bundle?

06-15-09 04:47 PM
    Are you on a select plan?? Do you have a text bundle?

Yes, we have the text on 2 lines on the Family plan thing. I think it's the select plan as I cant find an add on for the basic for unlimited on all lines.
    Last edited by Cellphonefanatic; 06-15-09 at 04:54 PM. Reason: spelling
    06-15-09 04:48 PM
    So then how does the increase in pay per use text rates affect you if you're on select?

06-15-09 04:51 PM
    I have no idea what plan I am on. Two of our lines have unlimited apparently after looking over the bill and one is pay as you go to save money.
    06-15-09 04:51 PM
    I believe we are on the Basic Plan. To clarify after looking over the bill, I have Family Basic with 700 mins with 2 lines with the 10 or 15 dollar unlimited IN messaging with 500 out of network and one pay as you go txt.
    Last edited by Cellphonefanatic; 06-15-09 at 04:57 PM.
    06-15-09 04:53 PM
    You just said you were on the text for the family plan? Lol

06-15-09 04:57 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD