09-08-09 08:31 PM
27 12
tools
    How much is vzw's early termination fee?
    09-07-09 10:57 PM
    Full ETF is $175. But it is prorated to your current month.
    09-07-09 11:00 PM
    Full etf is 175 and they do rate it to the current month. Why are you asking? Also remember that vzw has the right to kEep your equipment

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-09 11:03 PM
    Another question. How easy is it to change plans, say you don't need so many minutes?
    09-07-09 11:04 PM
    ETF starts at 175, drops $5 for every full month completed. call to get exact cost. 1-800-922-0204
    09-07-09 11:06 PM
    also, just call and say i wanna change my plan. 2 seconds, very easy. or do it online on vzw.com
    09-07-09 11:07 PM
    I read somewhere you could end up paying for two plans if you switched plans.. or it is automatic?
    09-07-09 11:08 PM
    Woah, where does it say they have the right to your equipment ????

Is this true ????
    09-07-09 11:08 PM
    if it is under 30 days... otherwise no... not that i have seen at least
    09-07-09 11:10 PM
    I would only have to terminate if I'm deployed, however I'm curious about how easy it is to change plans for less minutes since I go nowhere close to my current 1300+. So if I change my plan today, it won't be in affect until October's bill?
    09-07-09 11:11 PM
    if you are deployed tell them that, they would probably either suspend without billing or cancel with no term fee.. may need to show proof but hey better than paying the ETF...

the change depends on when it is effective... if you are going down, you are probably looking at effective as of the next bill cycle. (today is 9/8, say your bill cycle is the 15th, it will be as of the 15th). you can also ask it to be effective current dated, but then you get the prorates and prorated minutes, just future date to the bill cycle, its easier and less confusing
    09-07-09 11:14 PM
    Thanks, you made it less confusing. And I talked to some people about the termination fee. I can get some paperwork from admin on base that says I can't be charged termination fees as long as I have proof of the deployment, sort of a military right we have to get out of termination fees with different companies and what not. Thanks again!!
    09-07-09 11:20 PM
    Thanks, you made it less confusing. And I talked to some people about the termination fee. I can get some paperwork from admin on base that says I can't be charged termination fees as long as I have proof of the deployment, sort of a military right we have to get out of termination fees with different companies and what not. Thanks again!!
    not a problem PM with any further questions
    09-07-09 11:21 PM
    If you are deployed, can't you just unlock the phone at use it on a GSM carrier wherever you are being deployed to?
    09-07-09 11:40 PM
    If you are deployed, can't you just unlock the phone at use it on a GSM carrier wherever you are being deployed to?
    He could try that, but I don't think it would really be worth it in the long run. Not sure what fast data connection (if any) he would have. Who knows!

Besides most phones from overseas are much better.
    09-07-09 11:44 PM
    I changed my plan, and fixed it so it won't be effective til next month. Will this affect when my bill is due?
    09-07-09 11:56 PM
    That would be way too expensive. Most of us usually buy prepaid phones or prepaid phones are donated to us (sometimes). I personally stick to calling cards and emails.
    09-07-09 11:57 PM
    I changed my plan, and fixed it so it won't be effective til next month. Will this affect when my bill is due?
    A calling plan change will not change your bill cycle date or your due date. When you change your calling plan it is normally future dated to your next bill cycle date to avoid proration.
    09-08-09 12:01 AM
    Thanks, got it. Sort of figured it out and understand how everything works now for sure lol.
    09-08-09 12:30 AM
    You can suspend your phone for up to 24 months (and longer if u call again) for free if you get deployed. That way you don't lose your # or have to re-activate and pay activation fees when you come back.
    09-08-09 02:13 AM
    Wow, thats not a bad deal. I want to cancel my broadband card and tether with the Storm. Might cost me like 75ish. Had it for over a year.
    09-08-09 02:17 AM
    I would only have to terminate if I'm deployed, however I'm curious about how easy it is to change plans for less minutes since I go nowhere close to my current 1300+. So if I change my plan today, it won't be in affect until October's bill?
    If you get put on orders, they'll let you cancel without an ETF. You'll have to fax a copy of your orders. Just call customer service, this should not be foreign to any semi-experienced rep. Or, they can suspend your account for about $9/mo. You can change plans at your discretion without penalty as far as I know.

09-08-09 02:27 AM
    No.

09-08-09 02:52 AM
    I have a new Tour with Verizon, had it about a month, When Storm 2 comes out I want to get one, but want to keep tour, Whats the best way to do this and keep both active and not pay out the wazoo.......
    Last edited by bbvine; 09-08-09 at 08:18 PM.
    09-08-09 08:16 PM
    Woah, where does it say they have the right to your equipment ????

Is this true ????
    Saw that on here and believed it was confirmed.. I can't find the post or find it in the customer agreement.... so as of now I am going to say I misinformed you and apologize.....

and to the OP, thank you from the bottom of my heart for your selfless service to this country
    09-08-09 08:25 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD