05-13-11 10:20 PM
27 12
tools
    ok so i've been a faithful t-mobile customer for about 8 years. i'm thinking about switching to Verizon(my wife has an account with them) for their excellent reception in the city i live in compared to t-mobile. so i need a loyal and honest Verizon customer to tell me what i should expect if i decide to switch to Verizon. this decision will also be made on who gets the new bold touch as that is the phone of my dreams... as of right now t-mobile won't be getting that phone.
    04-25-11 06:59 PM
    been using VZW for almost 12 years now. Coverage has also been very strong. My bill is fair under $75 for pretty my unlimited everything except minutes (450 which i use maybe 100 every month). It will depend on a Corperate discount to get it that low though probably. All and all there is nothing that makes me want to leave them. not even close
    04-25-11 07:09 PM
    I have been with VZW for 5 years with no problem. Coverage is great. CS is excellent (except in their stores), but I do all my business online anyway.

And with my corporate discount it's a win/win all the way around.
    04-25-11 07:43 PM
    I have been with every carrier...even T-mobile back when it was Voicestream. I have tried AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, and Verizon. I switch and always have come back to Verizon. Their coverage is so much better. Yes, they may not be As fast as some or as cheap, but their 3G coverage is unmatched. The other big thing for me was everyone I call tends to be on Verizon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-11 10:52 PM
    I've been on Verizon for over 10 years, and do a lot of travelling. I love their coverage and in general found their service to be reliable.
    04-26-11 04:57 AM
    After 12 years with Sprint I got tired of the dropped calls and poor sound quality. I switched to VZ on Saturday and haven't had a dropped call yet. With Sprint I had 2 or 3 a day. I find I can talk deep into department stores or restaurant buildings where I was never able to have a conversation with Sprint. VZ is no value compared to Sprint but I'm willing to pay a little more for service that works. I also notice that not only is the signal stronger, but the calls are much more clear. My brother made the switch from TMO and he has the same opinions.

Good luck, whatever you decide.
    04-26-11 09:46 AM
    Have to say, like others, coverage is what sets Verizon apart from other carriers.

I actually had Sprint for about 3 days a couple of years ago. Couldn't get reception in my home. Immediately went back to VZW. Also had ATT back in the dumb phone days and that was a PITA when travelling.
    04-26-11 11:13 AM
    Been with Verizon for 10 years without any complaints. I have no desire to try any other network. I haven't had to use their CS much at all but the few times I have, their CS has been very friendly and helpful (and you can actually understand what they are saying). Coverage has always been strong no matter where in the U.S. I've been.

I've read posts from other people complaining the VZW is too strict with their upgrades. So if you sign a 2 years contract don't expect VZW to let you upgrade a month or two early, because they wont.
    04-26-11 11:20 AM
    Been with them for 7 years. Have never once considered switching. Verizon is always at the top of the annual ratings for good reason. Coverage is superb. Your likely cost increase might be negated if you get on a family plan with your wife too.
    04-26-11 08:24 PM
    I switched from Tmobile. The difference is like night and day for me.. no kidding. I'm really happy and I'm loving this coverage.

04-26-11 08:27 PM
    I had tmobile for about five years. I switched over to vzw last year and it's been great.

04-26-11 09:55 PM
    I have been with VZ for about8 years. I had Sprint before and will never go back. I rarely have dropped calls, but I do get them. They always occur in the same spot on the same street. VZ is aware of the issue, but has not resolved that one issue. Putting that aside their customer service has been excellent. They are easy to work with. Watch your billing though, they are prone to mistakes from time to time when you make equipment upgrades with corporate discounts. I have 4 lines on a family share plan. My only complaint about VZ is they are always last to get the new BB stuff!
    04-27-11 10:22 AM
    I'm with Sprint rite now,thinkin seriously about jumpinship.Drop calls,signal weak,just waitin on vz to get a phone I like.

04-27-11 10:24 AM
    Been with verizon for 7 years and I don't ever have a problem with it. I never have had any problems and will most likely get the bold touch if and when it comes out.
    04-27-11 10:37 AM
    i've been with Verizon 5 years or so now
    previous to that i had ATT before then merged with cingular and it was completely awful.
    the only real downsides to Verizon would be the expensive plans which I've noticed they are getting more competitive with pricing.
    Lack of the up-to-date hit phones
    and the 3G is significantly slower but from what I've read there 4G LTE is unmatched.

my girl friend currently has ATT with the iPhone 3gs and her 3G is noticeably faster then mine but she has no complaints but many of the people i know still complain about dropped calls on ATT
    04-27-11 12:58 PM
    I'd take a slightly slower but reliable 3G over a slightly faster 3G that keeps dropping.
    04-27-11 04:28 PM
    One thing i notice is that VZ 1X even ACTUALLY WORKS. I can actually consistently use data on the 1x network. EDGE on AT&T was a joke. Most of the time data wouldn't even go through and timed out.

Also if I have reception on VZ for a certain network, i tend to hold it consistently while in that area... ie if i'm in a 4g area I basically always have 4g. Same with 3g. This was NOT true when I was on both Sprint and AT&T.
    04-27-11 04:45 PM
    Hmmm....T-Mo (and BlackBerries)for the last five years, and very happy with their signal (and the BB's). However, I wanted an iPhone 4, and switched to Verizon. Love the device, but had ZERO bars in my home. So, I ended up spending $249 on a "Verizon Network Extender" - this solved my problem from my home. But, I still have some Verizon issues. For example, in Beautiful Austin, Texas, the tech center of the Southwest, I continue to get lousy service in the downtown area. I'm not all that impressed with Verizon yet.
    04-29-11 09:11 PM
    I'd try a different phone if you know anyone else with Verizon or anything just to make sure it's not the radio/antenna in the iphone...
    04-29-11 09:21 PM
    I'd try a different phone if you know anyone else with Verizon or anything just to make sure it's not the radio/antenna in the iphone...
    I had this very concern, and returned the first iPhone for a replacement. Identical issue with the second one....
    04-30-11 11:30 AM
    I mean more the iphone, not so much that particular unit.
    04-30-11 04:26 PM
    ok so i've been a faithful t-mobile customer for about 8 years. i'm thinking about switching to Verizon(my wife has an account with them) for their excellent reception in the city i live in compared to t-mobile. so i need a loyal and honest Verizon customer to tell me what i should expect if i decide to switch to Verizon. this decision will also be made on who gets the new bold touch as that is the phone of my dreams... as of right now t-mobile won't be getting that phone.
    Ive been with Verizon for 10 years now. Reception and customer service by phone has always been good. However, the retail stores are always busy and can be frustrating at times. Always could be better but possibly the best option.
    05-01-11 07:51 PM
    I have been with Verizon a little over 10 years now and will never switch. I had Sprint for a while as well and CONSTANTLY had dropped calls. I'm happy with Verizon and all they have to offer.
    05-03-11 06:55 PM
    I had more dropped calls on Sprint than I did on AT&T even, and the 3g connection had more latency.

Coverage all depends on your area, but for me so far it's been VZ > AT&T> Sprint > Tmobile (tmobile was years ago, so it's not necessarily valid anymore though).
    05-03-11 07:08 PM
    Hmmm....T-Mo (and BlackBerries)for the last five years, and very happy with their signal (and the BB's). However, I wanted an iPhone 4, and switched to Verizon. Love the device, but had ZERO bars in my home. So, I ended up spending $249 on a "Verizon Network Extender" - this solved my problem from my home. But, I still have some Verizon issues. For example, in Beautiful Austin, Texas, the tech center of the Southwest, I continue to get lousy service in the downtown area. I'm not all that impressed with Verizon yet.

Same issue I had. I had ZERO service (I was on Extended) in my home. Also, I went from the "o" to extended to 3g for a second and back and forth and so on when I was at relatives house down the road. In 2 of my stores, no signal. But in Downtown Indy and other areas, perfect signal and great phone. Loved it. But I couldnt take not having a signal at my house. Id leave the house in the morning and my phone would sound like I won a slot machine jackpot with all the tones going off. I have a TB now, no issues at all.
    05-03-11 08:43 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD