12-15-09 03:34 PM
71 123
tools
    The per kb charges ARE outrageous, that's why they have the unlimited plans.
    Something still doesn't seem to add up. If we know that there are 1048576 kilobytes in 1 gigabyte. That means there are 11010048 kilobytes in 10.5 gigabytes. Divide that by $20K and it comes to about $500 a kilobyte. That just seems way too farfetched to me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-09 12:03 AM
    Something still doesn't seem to add up. If we know that there are 1048576 kilobytes in 1 gigabyte. That means there are 11010048 kilobytes in 10.5 gigabytes. Divide that by $20K and it comes to about $500 a kilobyte. That just seems way too farfetched to me.

I don't know if this helps, VZW charges $1.99/MB. That's roughly 10552MB, or 10.5GB. That had to be tethering *?*
    12-13-09 12:29 AM
    Well, I have 3 kids ages 15 to 10. They all have cell phones as we have no home phone, and in this day and age I want to be able to call my kids at any time. I am in my Verizon daily checking usage,see if data was accessed and so on. it is 100% the parents fault. Will VZW make this go away for this family, probably. Should they? No. I don't work for a cell company, care about how much they make/don't make, but it amazes me what cell phones do to people. Why do people think they should not be held responsible for this stuff, or expect free/discounted stuff just because they ***** and complain.

I am going to call State Farm and ask them if they will under insure me and still pay whatever the repair bill comes to.

12-13-09 07:00 AM
    I am going to call State Farm and ask them if they will under insure me and still pay whatever the repair bill comes to.

LMAO! While you're at it you should ask them to limit your 15 year old's driving.
    12-13-09 08:23 AM
    Bag phones... Lol I would fall on the ground if people were walking around with huge bags for phones lol.. Some things like that make me laugh and wonder what people were thinking back then.. Its not a bad idea, but bags? Really?

As for the kid racking up that high of a bill, he HAD to be tethering. I don't think there is any other possible way to get that high of data usage in one month...

Last edited by silenttt123; 12-13-09 at 02:42 PM.
    12-13-09 08:37 AM
    Bag phones... Lol I would fall on the ground if people were walking around with huge bags for phones lol.. Some things like that make me laugh and wonder what people were thinking back then.. Its not a bad idea, but bags? Really?

As for the kid racking up that high of a bill, he HAD to be tethering. I don't think there is any other possible way to get that high of gays usage in one month...

gays usage? LOL
    12-13-09 09:31 AM
    LMAO! While you're at it you should ask them to limit your 15 year old's driving.
    That is a totally different type of service.

12-13-09 12:09 PM
    That is a totally different type of service.

NO SH*T! I guess that you didn't think ok4a56 was being facetious.
    12-13-09 12:58 PM
    It's both the fault of vzw and the customer. The customer should monitor the usage of others on their account and if vzw sees a bill skyrocketing into the thousands they should notify the customer of the activity before it gets to 20k.
    12-13-09 01:04 PM
    It's both the fault of vzw and the customer. The customer should monitor the usage of others on their account and if vzw sees a bill skyrocketing into the thousands they should notify the customer of the activity before it gets to 20k.
    Agreed. I would get a text message from VZW if I was trending over my minutes. No reason why this can't be done for data on non-unlimited plans.

12-13-09 01:24 PM
    NO SH*T! I guess that you didn't think ok4a56 was being facetious.
    I did. However, it was so far fetched it wasn't even funny.

12-13-09 01:38 PM
    gays usage? LOL
    Gotta love the wonderful auto correction of the Storm 2.... I didnt even notice that lol. Changed it though
    12-13-09 02:43 PM
    12-15-09 05:47 AM
    Ah a happy ending!
    12-15-09 08:41 AM
    Its funny.....by me a person racked up a 5,000.00 bill. why? they thought unlimited nights and weekends meant unlimited data.....Duh.....
    Verizon met the kid halfway, of course with a contract extension.....
    12-15-09 08:48 AM
    Im a firm believer that as parents, we should be held accountable for our children however, as more of these situations arise, I believe that it would be beneficial to all parties if providers implemented some sort of lock-down feature where their account would be locked out if the bill exceeds x dollars.

Each account would be able to modify their cap based on what they feel they can afford - and then be held with full legal responsibility if that cap is reached.

In the end, we all know that these extremely high-dollar bills are being let off the hook - even if the customer is being held liable for only a percentage of it. Problem is, the damage has already been done - the data usage and additional strain on the network has already occurred and it's things like this that cause such high rates for everyone else.

That's my 2 cents in the deal
    12-15-09 09:05 AM
    I agree that when charges get excessive, a lock gets put on your acct, like credit cards to prevent theft or fraud....
    12-15-09 09:07 AM
    I knew that they'd get credited.... no way VZW is gonna make a hard-up family pay that!

12-15-09 11:47 AM
    Wow..... That is crazy.

Well we all knew VZW would do it... Sure, most of us dont agree, but they are the ones trying to look good...
    12-15-09 12:22 PM
    Damn that's quite a bill and I thought mine was high......

12-15-09 03:01 PM
    I think the highest I have ever gotten was $1,000, because of text messaging, but they added unlimited and changed the bill and only charged me for the unlimited plan for that month, not the like $800 worth of texts
    12-15-09 03:34 PM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD