07-25-09 12:16 PM
29 12
tools
    As an Alltel customer, I've been following the Verizon forum since the merger talks began. Big mistake.

I am so burned out on simply hearing about people's troubles that my recent slow browser troubles pushed me over the edge tonight. I regret that a simple- but still not solvable without contactong verizon- problem led me to this decision. For what its worth, I scoured the cb forums in search of an answer, but the usual suggestions didn't get it done.
    A while back I'd just go to the store and get it taken care of, but I don't want to continue fixing problems and my extensive search quickly became a magnifying glass for the mis-information out there. I'm talking about reps and customers alike so I hope nobody is offended bc it appears we are all in the same boat.

Nevertheless, I'm canceling my 5 line family plan tomorrow afternoon unless some kind soul can talk me out of it. Either way, a lot of problems were fixed my merely browsing this forum so THANK YOU to anybody who has helped me out by proxy. It was good while it lasted.

I will do my best to resist the iphone as long as I can.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-09 03:15 AM
    Do you have equally good coverage with another carrier for a less amount? I think I can deal with tweaks as long as my coverage is good everywhere I need it like it is now with Verizon. Between crackberry and Howard forums I do ok.

07-22-09 03:29 AM
    I never had a problem, until I realized that the "tweaking" was a problem. Burn-out has set in. I hate to cancel (I wish I could opt for a trial seperation of sorts), but if I'm going to regularly "tweak", I want to see what its like on a gsm network. I'm going to briefly look into sprint first so I don't go to the dark side (iphone) without giving cdma one last looksee. Verizon however, will have to make me an offer I can't refuse while I'm signing an ETF check if they want to keep me on board, and I highly doubt it as my contract was signed with Alltel.

07-22-09 03:49 AM
    [QUOTE=DINGSTER1;3124708]Do you have equally good coverage with another carrier for a less amount? I think I can deal with tweaks as long as my coverage is good everywhere I need it like it is now with Verizon. Between crackberry and Howard forums I do ok.

I forgot to answer your question- that's how bad the burn out is.

The coverage WAS equally good, and now tmobile and att are lapping verizon/alltel in SC. CB search failed to produce a consensus diagnosis or solution and directed me to Verizon customer service. Past exchanges with Verizon via web, phone store reps, and CS only led to contradictions and confusion.

I think I had a better grasp on this merger when it was first announced. Since then I've embarassingly overloaded whatever carrier knowledge brain stores I had left.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.cr]

07-22-09 04:03 AM
    So if I understand you the issue is a slow browser on your 8830? If that is what the cause it I would try a different phone. Folks that I know with the 8830 World Edition complain the browser is Slow. I have just move to the Tour and it is much better than my Storm.

Like the other guy said I would look at coverage. If you can afford it set up one line on AT&T and try the phone you want maybe the Iphone or the Bold. Before the 30 days are up try(I think they have a 30 day trial). Then if you like it and don't want to continue with VZW port you line then.

I prefer VZW to AT&T. I recently had issues with my Storm and nearly paid the ETF to go to T-Mo not AT&T. VZW finally worked with me to get out of the Storm. Here in Minnesota AT&T has drop call problem so even though I like the Iphone it wasnt an option.

In the end it becomes what phone and coverage you get.
    07-22-09 04:18 AM
    how much is it to cancel a whole family plan?
    07-22-09 07:50 AM
    Why should we have to make your choice for you?

07-22-09 07:59 AM
    You should try to resend your service books, register again with the Verizon network under host routing tables, clear the browser cache and cookies, and clear the event log ALT+LGLG, and don't forget about a battery pull.

As for sites without a lot of content, the BlackBerry browser is slower than other browsers. Many of us use Opera Mini or Bolt as our browser, since it's much faster.
    07-22-09 08:07 AM
    I sent you a message... let me know what's up
    07-22-09 09:06 AM
    Bingo! He is having issues with browser performance on an old version of a device brand that is not known for technological innovation anyway and he wants us to talk him out of leaving the bigger/faster/better network?

To the OP: Enjoy your new carrier while you wonder what you could've done with the ETF you paid for up to five lines - like maybe get better phones. Being better than BlackBerry, that iPhone should serve you well, if only it was on a better network.

07-22-09 01:40 PM
    I am so burned out on simply hearing about people's troubles that my recent slow browser troubles pushed me over the edge tonight. I regret that a simple- but still not solvable without contactong verizon- problem led me to this decision. For what its worth, I scoured the cb forums in search of an answer, but the usual suggestions didn't get it done.
    Ummmm... don't forget that complainers are in the minority and that the majority of people are extremely happy with their Verizon service. The complainers in the minority like to come on here and voice their problems.

Don't let the minority change your view of the type of service you receive.

I agree with what other people said here -- if you get a smart phone, you will have more issues. Depending on the smart phone, you will have different issues that need tweaking. So, get the smart phone that fits you best, and tweak it to your needs.

Now that I've said that, if YOU want to leave Verizon, do so. However, everyone that I know that has left Verizon has missed their Verizon service. They might like their iPhone, but are P-O'd that they cannot use it at home.
    07-22-09 01:44 PM

Like the other guy said I would look at coverage. If you can afford it set up one line on AT&T and try the phone you want maybe the Iphone or the Bold. Before the 30 days are up try(I think they have a 30 day trial). Then if you like it and don't want to continue with VZW port you line then.

Great idea! I should have thought of that sooner. Thanks

07-22-09 02:30 PM
    You don't have to; at the time of my original post I was hoping someone had an idea that would prevent me from canceling as I had decided to cancel.

Someone (can't view the name at the moment) suggested I open one line with att and explore the service for the 1st 30 days, which seems to be the prudent way to go about it.

07-22-09 02:37 PM
    Ummmm... don't forget that complainers are in the minority and that the majority of people are extremely happy with their Verizon service. The complainers in the minority like to come on here and voice their problems.

Don't let the minority change your view of the type of service you receive.

I agree with what other people said here -- if you get a smart phone, you will have more issues. Depending on the smart phone, you will have different issues that need tweaking. So, get the smart phone that fits you best, and tweak it to your needs.

Now that I've said that, if YOU want to leave Verizon, do so. However, everyone that I know that has left Verizon has missed their Verizon service. They might like their iPhone, but are P-O'd that they cannot use it at home.
    You hit the nail on the head concerning the "minority" spoiling my opinion.
    Thanks for the insight.

07-22-09 02:42 PM
    Bingo! He is having issues with browser performance on an old version of a device brand that is not known for technological innovation anyway and he wants us to talk him out of leaving the bigger/faster/better network?

To the OP: Enjoy your new carrier while you wonder what you could've done with the ETF you paid for up to five lines - like maybe get better phones. Being better than BlackBerry, that iPhone should serve you well, if only it was on a better network.

I appreciate the well wishes my friend

07-22-09 02:46 PM
    I appreciate the well wishes my friend

Well wishes?
    07-22-09 02:50 PM
    Well wishes?
    My grandmother always said "kill 'em with kindness".

07-22-09 03:00 PM
    My grandma said "hang 'em with hugs"
    07-22-09 03:04 PM
    That phrase is badass by comparison. Hope you don't mind if I borrow it. "Kill 'em with kindness" is too clich.

07-22-09 03:37 PM
    Granny in the Mafia?

07-22-09 04:06 PM
    My granny never said anything....just kicked em in the nads and let the ol combat boots do the talking.
    07-22-09 11:33 PM
    My granny never said anything....just kicked em in the nads and let the ol combat boots do the talking.
    Pssst! Your granny wears combat boots.

It is okay because she probably had integrity and honored her commitments.

07-22-09 11:56 PM
    I know this is OT but I can't resist.

07-23-09 05:59 AM
    Granny in the Mafia?

Granny was a stone cold killa lol
    07-23-09 07:43 AM
    If granny was so stone cold, how did she ever produce offspring?

07-23-09 05:05 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD