latley at work more and more people have been buying BB's. Since I am part of the IT team, naturally, they come to us when they buy a new device that is giving them some trouble. Anyway in our area Verizon and ATT are the two king ding lings, then Nextel as far as providers. Well, the other day a lady came to me with her new ATT Curve and told me that she went to the corparate store for techinal help, and they actually took her curve, dialed 611, and handed it back to her. THey then informed her, that the stores so not have any knowlege on fixing the device only tech support could help her. Then when the tech got on the phone using 611 , they told her to go crackberry.com and she would find the answer. Needless to say she was pi@@ed when she left. She came to work called me I stoped by her desk and she told me the story, she then got very quiet like she was telling a secret and said "they told me to go to crackberry, have you ever heard of them?" I started laughing and pulled out my berry, and showed her that I was in fact addicted to crackberry. shorty after helping her, I started hearing from new VZ users as well that they had been steered towards Crackberry for all of their BB repair needs. Maybe we should send these two service providers a technical service bill.
    Last edited by Helstar; 07-07-08 at 10:50 AM.
    07-07-08 10:46 AM
    That's pretty funny. Closest thing I've heard to that was when I had a tmo dash and the tech guy told me to go to a site to get free games....a winmo version of crackberry basically.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-08 10:54 AM
    I heard this also, there are reports that when cust serv is stumped, they call upon the Crack.
    Way to go CrackBerry!

07-07-08 11:05 AM
    That's funny

07-07-08 12:50 PM
    Haha. Someone reading this at the office just said, "once you go crack, you can never go back"!!! Crack is the fastest way to solve problems.
    07-07-08 01:16 PM
    since i found the crack i never call t-mo for support.
    07-07-08 01:21 PM
    Kevin should get the stats from his ISP and determine how many hits are coming from IP's associated with providers service centers. That would be a fun report.
    07-07-08 01:55 PM
    This is how I found out about this forum/site, from an AT&T sales associate. I bought the Curve and asked a ton of questions about it's use, features, tips and tricks. The lady did a great job explaining it all and then suggested I check out Crackberry to dig deeper and learn more about the device. There has yet to be an issue that I have experienced with the Curve that wasn't answered or fixed by simply doing a search here to find my answer. When I first got the BBerry I had buyers remorse and wished I had got an iPhone, I am so glad I found this site and learned the device. I am glad I went blackberry, I'll never go back!
    07-07-08 03:06 PM
    This is how I found out about this forum/site, from an AT&T sales associate. I bought the Curve and asked a ton of questions about it's use, features, tips and tricks. The lady did a great job explaining it all and then suggested I check out Crackberry to dig deeper and learn more about the device.
    Was her name Nicole?

My wife works for an AT&T call center and any time someone asks questions about their BB she tells them about CB.

07-07-08 05:33 PM
    Wow...nice! Go CB!!
    07-07-08 05:34 PM
    i went in to a T-mo store to add some line to my acct and pick the phone up, guy was asking how i like my berry i said i love it and i asked him if he hear about CB he said no so i told him to go to Cb and he will find out everything about berrys
    07-07-08 05:46 PM
    I was at the Verizon store one day and a customer was asking blackberry questions that the rep couldn't answer. I stuck my nose in where it didn't belong and helped answer the questions. I got a job offer out of it (ha ha!!) but ended up sharing my secret (CRACKBERRY.COM) with the customer, a new curve owner, and the rep!
    07-08-08 01:58 AM
    Most of the information I have to fix and address BlackBerry problems comes from Crackberry when I'm helping my customers (AT&T). Just one look at the site and they're easily drawn in with the store right there on the home screen to accesories we may not provide in the store.
    07-08-08 02:12 AM
    I was at the Verizon store one day and a customer was asking blackberry questions that the rep couldn't answer. I stuck my nose in where it didn't belong and helped answer the questions. I got a job offer out of it (ha ha!!) but ended up sharing my secret (CRACKBERRY.COM) with the customer, a new curve owner, and the rep!
    I did the same thing at the AT&T store once. I know the sales reps can't be gurus on all of the phones all of the time, but this girl was just giving out misinformation. So I politely stepped in and addressed the inaccuracies. At first she was kind of pissy about it, until the customer decided to buy an extra Curve for his wife because of what I told him. Then I told them both about Crackberry, smiled at her, and said, "You're welcome."
    07-08-08 02:19 AM
    Oh yeah I tell almost all of my bb customers to check out crackberry. Teach them some basics so they feel empowered and then tell them where that info came from. The Crack is taking over the streets!!

07-08-08 02:22 AM
    Gibralter, Does that make Kronk and I the pushers?

07-08-08 02:26 AM
    Ha ha pretty much!

07-08-08 02:37 AM
    Guilty as charged.
    07-08-08 02:47 AM
    I told one lady that I belonged to the forum and my user name so she could say I referred her but the look she gave me... You would have thought I was involved in child smuggling or taught kids how to juggle flaming chainsaws. I haven't told anyone I'm a member ever again; only that they should be members.

07-08-08 02:54 AM
    Seriously, while I've come across a knowledgable Customer service rep once in a blue moon, the majority could be replaced by a monkey.

All most are capable of is reading the scripts in the call centre computer system, he-ll some can barely speak english and do that right even.

07-08-08 03:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD