Just wondering if anyone that has gone from at&t to Verizon can put up what they think about jumping ship? I would have to drive to another part of the state to get with Verizon but may do it to get the Storm but have been with at&t for a long time and haven't had any problems so I'm not in a rush to switch.
    09-22-08 05:55 PM
    Just wondering if anyone that has gone from at&t to Verizon can put up what they think about jumping ship? I would have to drive to another part of the state to get with Verizon but may do it to get the Storm but have been with at&t for a long time and haven't had any problems so I'm not in a rush to switch.
    You have to drive to another part of the state to get with VZW and you haven't had problems with AT&T at all.... are you seriously asking this question?

Anyway, I love both AT&T and VZW but I'm not driving to another part of the state to switch especially if all is well with my current carrier. Whatever floats your boat LOL.
    09-22-08 08:54 PM
    its all personal preference and exactly where you live, sometimes people have better service with one provider over the other thats why they do or never switch
    09-22-08 08:55 PM
    well! I switches from AT&T to Verizon because AT&T kept on billing me the extra items that I never used. I tired of dealing with AT&T so I changed it. Verizon is very helpful and they help me to set up BB though the telephone. I got more bars from Verizon than AT&T.
    09-22-08 09:00 PM
    You have to drive to another part of the state to get with VZW and you haven't had problems with AT&T at all.... are you seriously asking this question?

Anyway, I love both AT&T and VZW but I'm not driving to another part of the state to switch especially if all is well with my current carrier. Whatever floats your boat LOL.
    Maybe I should have worded it different. What I mean is VZW has coverage in my area but no dealers, but they do if I drive 1 to 3 hours away. When I called them they told me I would be able to use it here but not have a local number (no big deal) and not be able to purchase ringtones, etc. (also not a big deal). So I'm looking into it since the Storm looks like it has a good chance of being better then the Bold and is rumored to be $100 less. I just want to get as much info as possible to weigh my options.
    09-22-08 09:03 PM
    But doesn't that mean if you can't get a local number or ringtones etc you also won't have data coverage??? If so that kills the deal right there , no?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-08 11:22 PM
    But doesn't that mean if you can't get a local number or ringtones etc you also won't have data coverage??? If so that kills the deal right there , no?

They said I would have voice and data. I think they have something like MEdia mall that is not available "off" their home network. Does anyone know if I miss understood?

09-23-08 12:05 AM
    What they could have meant by not being able to get ringtones is that the ringtone store doesn't work with Blackberries.
    09-23-08 12:40 AM
    Personally, I switched from At&t to Verizon and I haven't looked back. At&t were really screwing me over at the time (no service at home and not willing to do anything about it) so I opted out of my contract and moved to VZW. I do pay a little more with VZW than I did with At&t, but then again I use my phone a whole lot more now....because I can.

IMHO service is king. If you can't get service in the places you are the most then the service isn't doing you much good. I work with a guy who switched to Sprint because of the $99 everything plan they were offering. He can't use his phone at home and he gets spotty coverage in the office. To me that is worthless and his continual argument that he can use it in other places and pays a whopping $20 less than I do makes me laugh every time I hear it. Another guy switched to At&t from Verizon because he just had to have that stupid iphone. Now he spends half his time complaining about the lack of service and being over charged.

It may just be me, but switching carriers because of the phones they offer or because they are a few bucks cheaper doesn't make much sense. If your service is good and you don't have billing issues, then stick with who you have. Besides, didn't I read earlier that the Storm is coming out in GSM version a little later on?
    09-23-08 03:31 PM
    If you can't get service in the places you are the most then the service isn't doing you much good........It may just be me, but switching carriers because of the phones they offer or because they are a few bucks cheaper doesn't make much sense.
    That's a good point. I guess my next question should be if anyone has first hand experience with how good Verizon's network is in the OKC area. My only problem with at&t seems to be the last few months its a little spotty in my apartment but when I'm out and about anywhere in the metro it's fine.
    09-23-08 07:01 PM
    I went from a unlocked rogers bb bold to curve 8330 on vzw and its day and night. Yes the bold is sweet but what good is it if you cant hold a 3g signasl anywhere. My 8330 has solid 3g coverage everywhere I work and play.
    09-24-08 08:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD