AT&T 'hits' back at Verizon's Map for That campaign with an 'ad' of its own -- Engadget

Good lord don't flame me if this has already been posted just give me a link to it.
    11-19-09 10:30 AM
    I am not sure if I saw that here, but that POS was on the AT&T forum.....they have so much to be proud of.....
    Yeah no kidding lets throw this POS commerch on there as a response to getting PWN3D by Verizon on a regular basis.
    11-19-09 10:37 AM
    AT&T 'hits' back at Verizon's Map for That campaign with an 'ad' of its own -- Engadget

Good lord don't flame me if this has already been posted just give me a link to it.
    I don't know if it was posted here but that POS was in the AT&T forums, they have so much to proud of don't they.........HA!
    11-19-09 10:38 AM
    Here's my take on the whole thing, FWIW:

1. VZW has known for a long time that they have superior 3G coverage, as measured in several ways, including square miles covered;

2. AT&T has been pushing the envelope of reality since the Summer of 2008 with their "Nation's Fastest 3G Network" campaign;

3. VZW, knowing that AT&T's only real competitive advantage is AT&T's exclusive with AAPL, and further knowing that the exclusive is ending in the near future, timed their current ad campaign to coincide both with the holidays and, more importantly, to set the stage for the AAPL phone they're rumored to be getting;

4. AT&T didn't see this campaign coming IMO. They'd been getting away with their "Nation's Fastest..." push for over a year without a real challenge. Now they're knocked on their heels, metaphorically speaking, and playing defense.

My bottom line is this: VZW unquestionably has superior 3G coverage to AT&T. I can't remember the last time I didn't have 3G, and I've been in many different parts of the US over the past 12 months. VZW was careful (after initial complaints from AT&T) to include a footer on their map ads stating that, in areas where 3G service isn't available, other cell service (2G, 2.5G, etc) may be available. AT&T's wasting their time pursuing an injunction against VZW, simply because their allegations aren't supported by sufficient fact. They've already admitted that VZW covers more square miles with 3G than AT&T does. If I were an AT&T shareholder I'd be a bit miffed that they're wasting precious dollars on attorneys' fees when those dollars could be used to help improve their network. I see MASSIVE post-paid subscriber loss once the AAPL exclusive ends and VZW gets and AAPL phone.
    11-19-09 10:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD