Before you all start to flame me please back away from your torches!

At&t is going to be offering A-list at the end of September. It is going to be just like T-mobiles fave five and VZW friends and family.

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/09/09/at-unlimited-calls-to-five-vip-numbers/

Do any of you think At&t is offering a better deal than VZW does?

I do pay a good bit of money to VZW and that is fine because I get what I pay for. With At&ts new plan you only have to pay $59.99 a month to get your fave five.
    I am not leaving VZW nor am trying to start a bash warI just wanted some other VZW opinions.

Thanks,
    AMP
    09-10-09 09:37 AM
    Before you all start to flame me please back away from your torches!

At&t is going to be offering A-list at the end of September. It is going to be just like T-mobiles fave five and VZW friends and family.

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/09/09/at-unlimited-calls-to-five-vip-numbers/

Do any of you think At&t is offering a better deal than VZW does?

I do pay a good bit of money to VZW and that is fine because I get what I pay for. With At&ts new plan you only have to pay $59.99 a month to get your fave five.
    I am not leaving VZW nor am trying to start a bash warI just wanted some other VZW opinions.

Thanks,
    AMP
    Verizon charges the $59.99 but its for 900 minutes and you get the 5 numbers, but that doesnt include text messaging.
    09-10-09 09:41 AM
    Verizon charges the $59.99 but its for 900 minutes and you get the 5 numbers, but that doesnt include text messaging.
    That is very true...I decided to get the bb data plan with unlimited data and messages. VZW is probably offering the better deal here.

One difference is that they can still do roll over minutes.

With my plan I have to use those 5 numbers, but since I do that I never hit 900 mins and nor do I get to keep them. That is the only plus I see to ATTs plan.
    09-10-09 09:44 AM
    Sprint just came out with unlimited mobile to mobile calling for free if you have a everything data plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-09 09:54 AM
    If you never hit the 900 you'll rack up the min yes; but make sure to read the disclaimer on AT&Ts rollover that they expire after 12mo... So if you don't use em u loose em.
    When I worked there I honestly more often than not saw huge amounts of min going to waist because people had higher plans so they could "save" min... Then called upset when 500 to 1000 expired.
    Just a con to the "rollover" min. And you can't choose to use the rollover you have to get through your package min first.
    Lots of people thought u used the rollover up first.

09-10-09 09:55 AM
    at&t has the iphone too...
    09-10-09 09:55 AM
    If you never hit the 900 you'll rack up the min yes; but make sure to read the disclaimer on AT&Ts rollover that they expire after 12mo... So if you don't use em u loose em.
    When I worked there I honestly more often than not saw huge amounts of min going to waist because people had higher plans so they could "save" min... Then called upset when 500 to 1000 expired.
    Just a con to the "rollover" min. And you can't choose to use the rollover you have to get through your package min first.
    Lots of people thought u used the rollover up first.

&the only reason i never hit my 900 mins is because i stick to the ones in my friends and family and i have friends and family on vzw.

wow you just made rollover sound like a scam!

at&t has the iphone too...
    you know me a little to well and i don't like that!
    09-10-09 09:59 AM
    Yeah I dunno about at&t seems like they are trying to make their service sound better and better before they lose the iphone
    09-10-09 10:06 AM
    That seems very true...isn't verizon supposed to get the iphone? thats what my main VZW CSR told me.
    09-10-09 10:20 AM
    "thats what a verizon rep told me"
    Who knows LOL
    09-10-09 10:25 AM
    I have unlimited minutes (for biz and personal use). Therefore, I see little value for those in my situation. If I only used for personal (limited minutes), I'd review past bills to see, if for normal periods, I remained under the cap.

09-10-09 10:42 AM
    "thats what a verizon rep told me"
    Who knows LOL
    Well supposedly it won't be called the iphone when it comes to vzw there has been talk of calling it the vphone, but really who knows? vzw and apple know, but its on the hush hush.

hopefully IF vzw does get the iphone they will work something out for insurance so you don't have to go through apple care.
    09-10-09 11:03 AM
    Can we throw Sprint in here? Lol; well, they are offering unlimited calling to any mobile number on any carrier... Is that a deal or what?! I still question myself on what keeps me loyal to overrated and high-priced Verizon because 90% of the time, I'm in an area where all of the major carriers works phenomenally!
    09-10-09 12:07 PM
    I still question myself on what keeps me loyal to overrated and high-priced Verizon because 90% of the time, I'm in an area where all of the major carriers works phenomenally!
    But there's that 10% looming in the back of your mind.

One of every ten calls doesn't go through.

You lose connection at least once in each ten minute's worth of calls.

At least a tenth of your calling time finds you unable to understand your conversation.

One of ten texts/emails/calls doesn't make it through to your phone.

How much is that frustration worth to you?

I use VZW as my main service because of the one percent of times I need communications & my AT&T, Sprint & T-Mobile connections are guaranteed to fail me.

While I have found the rare circumstance where I get AT&T signal & not VZW, I have never found an instance where there is Sprint service, but not VZW. But I frequent places where only VZW works.

If you're a kid & calls seem important, but seldom are, price can be a major factor. When you need the best chance of getting a call through, the prices VZW & AT&T charge aren't so bad after all - and VZW tops AT&T.

09-10-09 03:47 PM
    Stay with Verizon, the Iphone has drastically slowed down AT&T's 3G speed, EDGE is almost unuseable...
    09-10-09 03:55 PM
    All we can say is.....
    09-10-09 04:04 PM
    I heard AT&T is going to be giving away a 30 lb sack of crap with every iphone sold.. Buy 1 iphone get the equivalent in other merchandise free.

09-10-09 04:20 PM
    I heard AT&T is going to be giving away a 30 lb sack of crap with every iphone sold.. Buy 1 iphone get the equivalent in other merchandise free.
    And the sack will have the AT&T logo all over it, so everyone knows exactly where you got that sack of crap.

A few years back, VZW gave out sacks of crap - useless things that no one wanted. Those sacks also had the AT&T logo all over them.

09-10-09 04:26 PM
    Lmao

09-10-09 09:58 PM
    All we can say is.....
    that picture made my day!

And the sack will have the AT&T logo all over it, so everyone knows exactly where you got that sack of crap.

A few years back, VZW gave out sacks of crap - useless things that no one wanted. Those sacks also had the AT&T logo all over them.

Twinz you always know how to keep me coming back for more!
    09-11-09 07:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD