Hi,
    I am currently on contract with T-Mobile until July of 2010. My line is an addition to a Family line. Granted that the perks of not paying for my line is nice, but I'm fed up with not being able to have coverage...anywhere. That and I really want to get the Storm2.

So my question was, is it possible for me to carry my number over to VZW now? Or would I have to wait until July to not deal with the $200 ETF I hear about.

I don't even need the same number, I'm just trying to figure out if it's easier to cancel my line, or just sign a new contract with VZW. My siblings are already with VZW on their own family line, so I wonder if it's even cheaper just to add a new line to their account?
    10-26-09 07:58 PM
    Adding a line on a VZW account is usually $10 per month. The BB data plan will be an additional $30. If you're paying $10 per month for your add-on T-Mo line, then nine months of service at $10 per month is much cheaper than a $200 ETF (check with T-Mo, there might a pro-rated EFT), assuming you don't have a BB now. You can just let it run its course. If you do have a BB now, add that cost in and it will be cheaper to pay the ETF. If you want to port your number now, you might have to pay the ETF.
    10-26-09 08:15 PM
    you cannot port your number over unless you plan on cancelling your line on T-mobile. And MAKE SURE you dont cancel the phone line by yourself because if you do then the number wont be able to be ported over. Verizon will have to call and cancel the line for you.

If you plan on doing it also so your not surprised make sure you are on the account that can make decisions. Otherwise they will make you bring your parents in to do it.
    10-26-09 09:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD