36 12
tools
    When/Where is it?
    11-18-09 08:53 PM
    Source Phonescoop

News
    AT&T Airs Attack Ad of Its Own
    Today, 5:49 PM by Eric M. Zeman

Today AT&T aired a 3G comparison commercial in response to the attack ads that Verizon Wireless has been showing. The ad claims that AT&T has the nation's fastest 3G network, that it lets users talk and surf at the same time, that it offers the most popular smartphones, and that it offers over 100,000 apps. The end of the ad spot says, "AT&T, A Better 3G Experience" in text. AT&T was recently denied a request to prevent Verizon from showing its anti-AT&T attack ads.

Ouch, that hurt - NOT!
    11-18-09 09:13 PM
    LOL. So they took the add of their website and put it in print. I wonder how much AT&T paid that actor to do that spot.
    11-18-09 09:26 PM
    So what they are acutally saying is - you can talk and browse, get 100K apps, in less areas. Sounds really good to me
    11-18-09 09:29 PM
    When/Where is it?
    Crossroads of the West Gun Show
    Phoenix, AZ (Three Day Event!!) @ Arizona State Fairgrounds
    Dec 4th, 5th, 6th
    Buy Tickets! Ticket Policy
    This is the big one...
    11-18-09 10:13 PM
    AT&T Loses Bid to Stop Verizon Ads, May Lose Case (Update2) - Bloomberg.com

By David Beasley and Amy Thomson

Nov. 18 (Bloomberg) -- AT&T Inc., the largest U.S. phone company, lost its bid to stop a Verizon Wireless advertising campaign that AT&T says unfairly depicts its network coverage.

Edit:

New AT&T commercial:

Is this really the best they could come up with?
    Come on - this is the same company that put out the inane Carrot Top ads. What do you think?

They will lose this one & the results could be disasterous for AT&T. You get better coverage on Sprint, than you do AT&T.
    11-18-09 10:34 PM
    Crossroads of the West Gun Show
    Phoenix, AZ (Three Day Event!!) @ Arizona State Fairgrounds
    Dec 4th, 5th, 6th
    Buy Tickets! Ticket Policy
    This is the big one...
    Hm, I'll have to see if I can go. Do they allow carry? I'd probably make it on Sunday.
    11-19-09 12:16 AM
    emailed to me

The battle between AT&T (NYSE: T) and Verizon Wireless is heating up. Now that AT&T has been shot down in its attempts to get Verizon Wireless to take down its "there's a map for that ads" promoting greater 3G coverage, it's rolling out its own attack ads.

In the first spot, AT&T enlists Luke Wilson to give the carrier the nod over Verizon Wireless in the first of four categories: Nation's fastest 3G network. Talk and surf at the same time. Most popular smartphones. Access to more than 100,000 apps. Verizon nabs the final category: Name that starts with the letter V.

It's a hokey ad, and it certainly isn't as damaging as the zinger that Verizon Wireless -- a joint venture between Verizon (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE: VOD) -- put out a couple of weeks ago. AT&T's campaign may also backfire if Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL) opens up its iPhone availability to Verizon Wireless next year, as many expect.

Half of those AT&T category kills are based on the carrier's exclusivity with Apple's iPhone. However, it's important for AT&T to attack. The Verizon coverage map may be deceptive, given the country's population density, but it's sure to resonate with users. AT&T's refusal to back iPhone tethering and its overloaded networks are weighing heavy on its reputation. It has a lock on the iPhone -- as Verizon Wireless is down to pitching a few Android phones and the assortment of obsolete "buy one get one free" Research In Motion (Nasdaq: RIMM) BlackBerry deals -- but the ill will is bubbling. AT&T is right to attack, but sometimes the best offense is a good defense.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-09 04:13 PM
    Half of those AT&T category kills are based on the carrier's exclusivity with Apple's iPhone. However, it's important for AT&T to attack. The Verizon coverage map may be deceptive, given the country's population density, but it's sure to resonate with users. AT&T's refusal to back iPhone tethering and its overloaded networks are weighing heavy on its reputation. It has a lock on the iPhone -- as Verizon Wireless is down to pitching a few Android phones and the assortment of obsolete "buy one get one free" Research In Motion (Nasdaq: RIMM) BlackBerry deals -- but the ill will is bubbling. AT&T is right to attack, but sometimes the best offense is a good defense.
    How are the ads deceptive? They are very clear, 5x the 3G coverage. It's true, you can see it. Read the documents, AT&T admits that it's literally true. Granted, AT&T may cover far more of the population with 3G than the maps indicate because of density, but AT&T cannot argue that it doesn't cover the vast majority of America ... and AT&T is essentially saying it doesn't care about covering 51 million consumers with 3G (the population differential in 3G coverage).
    11-19-09 04:38 PM
    I enjoy these kinda spats even tho they are a little childish. The consumers are usually the winners with these kinda deals. I'm just gonna sit back with some popcorn and watch

11-19-09 04:38 PM
    How are the ads deceptive? They are very clear, 5x the 3G coverage. It's true, you can see it. Read the documents, AT&T admits that it's literally true. Granted, AT&T may cover far more of the population with 3G than the maps indicate because of density, but AT&T cannot argue that it doesn't cover the vast majority of America ... and AT&T is essentially saying it doesn't care about covering 51 million consumers with 3G (the population differential in 3G coverage).
    That was an article mailed to me and not my words. I agree they are clear - but it is marketing trickery. Not wrong, mind you, but not totally on the up & up for those not paying attention.

11-19-09 06:05 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD