So I currently have the Verizon 8830 World Edition BB....but with Curve coming out tomorrow (all readings say so anyway) from AT&T I am debating the switch. I have had Cingular in the past and was happy with them and I don't really have much to complain about Verizon....but I think I just want the Curve more. I have 2.5 weeks left on my Verizon 30 day trial. I am looking for some help. Any information you can provide will be great. Pros and Cons about the AT&T/Verizon networks, coverage....anything. Thanks!!
    05-30-07 11:34 PM
    Ask your neighbors. Coverage is worse overall on ATT than VZW but in some areas, it makes no difference. I live in the outskirts of San Diego and the coverage is spotty with both carriers. I would ask to try a phone out, which is what I did this weekend in preparation for my own migration to ATT.

ATT overall is cheaper it looks like as far as the data plans go. I would pick up a Curve ASAP and start the 30 day trial with ATT too. Then you still have about 2 weeks to see which service you like better (and which phone is better for you).

Katherine
    05-30-07 11:54 PM
    8300 is your best bet, screw VZW.
    05-31-07 01:49 AM
    Just picked up my Curve yesterday from Tmag. Wow! This is a great BB. I'd say the only thing my 8800 has over the Curve is the GPS. However, since you don't even have GPS on the 8830... I'd say you'd like the Curve much better. The keyboard on it is much easier to use, and I think it is more like the 8700's keyboard. Now, the only thing you have left to consider is what carrier will give you the coverage you need. Always choose coverage over device.
    05-31-07 03:20 AM
    Thanks for all the input.
    05-31-07 08:30 AM
    In addition I'd say AT&T over Verizon. Why? Because Verizon tend to disable a few features on their devices. Not sure why, but...
    05-31-07 08:43 AM
    I am revising my original answer to this. I have had the curve now for almost 2 weeks and I LOVE IT. However, I HATE the ATT service! I had about 5 dropped calls today alone. As a matter of fact, I still have my old Verizon flip phone which I am still carrying with me as I transition to the new ATT number, and I had to pick it up 2 or 3 times today to make calls in no service areas of ATT.

And I am not in the boonies. We are talking San Diego Suburbs. So with bleeding heart, I think I am going to have to send back my Curve and wait for Verizon to get it. I am so sad because the device is amazing. The coverage though is an entirely different story. AAAAAHHHHH.

Kath
    06-14-07 08:34 PM
    Sorry to hear that Kath00! Better to have coverage than anything else. I have to switch from Cingular to T-Mobile just to be able to make calls and get data while at home!?!

ps: Just get the 8830 with Verizon - for the time being...
    06-14-07 08:44 PM
    Yep, the coverage is a BIG deal. T Mobile is even worse here than ATT, so that's not an option for me either. VZW at least has reliable coverage, even if it is really expensive. Sigh. In the end, I need this phone to work like a phone too....

Katherine

Hoping that the 8320 makes it to VZW by year's end.
    06-14-07 11:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD