The current hands free system I have in my car doesn't allow address/contact transfer from my Pearl. Tech people said it's because Verizon has limitations, etc on transferring address book info via blue tooth.
    Does anyone know if the new phones/Verizon still have this going on? I am planning on purchasing the Storm2 when it comes out but if it won't work, may consider not. At least a strike against it anyway.
    Obviously this is assuming the hands free system is compatible.
    07-17-09 09:23 PM
    I don't know specifically but my 8830 was able to transfer its phone book to my TomTom gps and I can use the tomtom to dial numbers either from my address book for even points of interest in the tomtom.
    07-17-09 10:02 PM
    My brother has a focus and his old dumbphone was able to sync everything with the sync system and his current storm sync's as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-09 10:59 PM
    The current hands free system I have in my car doesn't allow address/contact transfer from my Pearl. Tech people said it's because Verizon has limitations, etc on transferring address book info via blue tooth.
    Does anyone know if the new phones/Verizon still have this going on? I am planning on purchasing the Storm2 when it comes out but if it won't work, may consider not. At least a strike against it anyway.
    Obviously this is assuming the hands free system is compatible.
    After you pair your BlackBerry to your vehicle check the options. There is an option under there somewhere that allows you to share the address book. I had the same problem for a while.
    07-18-09 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD