I just got my Verizon Curve yesterday. I got my email to "push" to my BB, but how do I get my calendar (in Outlook on my desktop) to automatically sync w/ my BB too? The only method I seen in the manual is to use the USB cable and do it manually, but my old Treo calendar was always updated automatically when I updated my desktop calendar. Is this not possible with the BB? I'll be really disappointed, since I am used to adding something to my cal. on my desktop and knowing that it will automatically appear on my BB. Am I missing something here?
    06-29-08 07:02 PM
    The only way you can wirelessly sync a BB is using BES, which your work would have for you. For consumers, the only way is to use the USB cable, and plug the phone into the computer. You can set up desktop manager to automatically sync any time you plug it in.
    06-29-08 07:11 PM
    Wow. That's disappointing. That's what I loved most about my Treo. Actually it's the ONLY thing I loved about my Treo, when it was working of course. Too bad. That's a big sacrifice. I feel like I'm back in the days of the original Palm Pilot.
    06-29-08 07:13 PM
    My google calendar synchs automatically.
    06-29-08 07:23 PM
    I should mention that this is a BIS account.
    06-29-08 07:23 PM
    How did you get your calendar on your treo to update automatically? I had a few palm treos and they don't do that naturally that I can remember.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-08 07:26 PM
    I have no idea. Sorry. My experience with my Treo was such a winding, chaotic road that it's really all a blur - especially my inital set-up two years ago.
    06-29-08 07:35 PM
    There is a thread called 'OTA syncing of calendar?' In the 8330 forum that details how to use google tools to keep you bb calender and outlook sync'ed up without cables.

Hope that helps.

06-29-08 07:42 PM
    How did you get your calendar on your treo to update automatically? I had a few palm treos and they don't do that naturally that I can remember.

If the account in question is on an OWA accessible MS Exchange server then if the Treo is Windows based, ActiveSync will do it wirelessly. If it's Palm based, then VersaMail will do a similar ActiveSync conduit attachment to said server.

BTW, for Verizon, you must load VersaMail manually off the PalmCD that comes with the Treo. They are the only US carrier that do not load VersaMail on a Palm based Treo out of the box.
    06-29-08 10:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD