I've searched the archives & found lots of questions but few answers, so thought I'd ask again.....

Just got a new Dell laptop w/ Vista business, and am trying to sync with Windows calendar & contacts w/o shelling out another $100 or so for Outlook. I downloaded DM 4.5 from RIM. Was able to select Windows contacts to synch w/ using DM, but wasn't given option to sync w/ the calendar - can anyone offer any work-arounds that don't involve spending more $$$.

Thanks!
    08-12-08 12:01 PM
    I've searched the archives & found lots of questions but few answers, so thought I'd ask again.....

Just got a new Dell laptop w/ Vista business, and am trying to sync with Windows calendar & contacts w/o shelling out another $100 or so for Outlook. I downloaded DM 4.5 from RIM. Was able to select Windows contacts to synch w/ using DM, but wasn't given option to sync w/ the calendar - can anyone offer any work-arounds that don't involve spending more $$$.

Thanks!
    Download the trial version of MS Office that includes Outlook. Even after the trial expires, you can still use Outlook to sync information back an forth, it just won't let you use it for email. I think my Outlook expired back in May, but it still let's you sync and updated the address book, calendar, etc...
    08-12-08 02:39 PM
    I was able to get my contacts to synch but does it not synch the full address from windows contacts? It will transfer the City, State, and Zip but not the street address?
    I downloaded the trial but was stll having issues with the calendar. Will try again tonight!
    11-07-08 09:38 AM
    I've spent hours trying to get the Verizon 8330 to sync on my new Vista PC. Yes I bought Microsoft's Outlook 2007 package (piece of junk that does not resolve Vista's problems) and yes I downloaded Verizon's 4.5 app, but nothing works.

No wonder people spend a fortune on the iPhone.

I was able to get my contacts to synch but does it not synch the full address from windows contacts? It will transfer the City, State, and Zip but not the street address?
    I downloaded the trial but was stll having issues with the calendar. Will try again tonight!
    04-07-09 10:50 AM
    I deleted the trial of 2007 and installed 2003, a copy I had. Works like a charm with 2003.
    04-07-09 12:00 PM
    My BB 8330 syncs with Vista+Office 2007, just fine.
    04-07-09 09:43 PM
    I use Google Sync on my BB Storm, three desktop computers at work and one at home. Whenever a change is made on any computer in Outlook, it syncs with everything else within minutes.

If you don't want to pay for Microsoft products, Google Sync is also available for Mozilla Thunderbird and calendar software. I think the standalone calendar is called Sunbird and the integrated email client/calendar is Lightning.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-09 12:43 AM
    For the 8330 go into the Synchronize sectin and then into advanced then under the third tab go to mapping and you can move the different items to different sections.
    03-16-10 12:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD