If I were to buy a xoom and a data plan such as 1 gb for $20 a month could I switch the data plan over to a smart phone, ie could I just switch the data plan to an incredible and just receive data for the incredible and not use it as a phone, but just for data like a mini tablet?
    02-24-11 01:08 PM
    Yes and no. It would work for a short time, until Verizon figured it out or someone accidently called you and you were billed per minute.
    02-24-11 01:14 PM
    let's say I only had a data plan for the xoom and not a phone plan too, bought an unsubsidized phone and switch the data over to the unsubsidized phone, would they be able to figure it out then
    02-24-11 01:23 PM
    Yes, because of the ESN on the phone that is unremoveable. You'd be lucky to be able to get it without a calling plan, but I have seen it happen. Most of the time, the system recognizes that a phone is being put on and will require you to go to a store or call in and put it on a phone plan.
    02-24-11 01:26 PM
    You can not add a tablet data plan to a phone. Any phone. Period.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-11 02:11 PM
    It is possible, I've seen it done. I know it's not supposed to happen, I do work at a store, but I've seen it done. However, we had an issue with that person because someone had been calling them and they were billed for deleting the messages in the voicemail and racked up a HUGE bill.
    02-24-11 02:19 PM
    It is possible, I've seen it done. I know it's not supposed to happen, I do work at a store, but I've seen it done. However, we had an issue with that person because someone had been calling them and they were billed for deleting the messages in the voicemail and racked up a HUGE bill.
    eROES allows a lot of changes in the system that are not supposed to happen. I've seen a BB with BIS and BES added to the same number, I've seen a net book mini on an America's Choice voice plan and plenty of others. All this does is cause issues with usage and billing. Just because it can be done doesn't mean it should.

So as I said before, it is not allowed. Period.
    02-24-11 04:13 PM
    I agree with you that it should not be done and causes issues, but he asked could it. Just answering the fact that it could, but not always and should not be tried.
    02-24-11 04:17 PM
    It's definitely possible like VZW said, but there is probably no way you yourself could make it happen without something being messed up in the system, whether advertently or inadvertently. Aka no YOU can't
    02-24-11 04:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD