So I'd really like to get the storm for christmas, but I cannot afford to get out of Alltel. The ETF is $200 a line and I would be taking my gf with me

TOTAL : $400 --> ridiculous

I've heard of a way around the ETFs by having VZW pay for them and was wondering if this has worked for anyone.

An Alltel rep told me it was possible and has been done before

It makes sense since they're going to be the same company next year. VZW wouldn't really lose out by paying the ETFs since its almost like paying themselves.

I guess I just need to know where to start

Thanks for the success stories / input!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-08 11:06 PM
    I have not heard of this beig done and no information about how to handle it from inside VZW. This merger while it has govt approval has not finalized yet.
    12-03-08 05:36 PM
    i really doubt you would get vzw to pay the fee because i was told by the rep i talked to that it wouldn't happen and after a little while of discussing I didn't get anywhere. Check prices of the plans you can get on vzw. You may be able to knock down your alltel plan to paying next to nothing and then get another plan on vzw...you will have to change your number until the merger and you can switch over but you just have to weigh out the pros and cons
    12-05-08 01:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD