ok i love my voyager but the software is soooo lame. verizon sucks when it comes to software so i was thinking about switching to the BB curve. now i have had my voyager for 4 months now. my parents have the select plan. how much of a hassle would it be to get a black berry instead? also how much would it cost? im also thinking about waiting until verizon gets the bold, or the javelin.
    07-12-08 10:08 AM
    You should switch to the curve its the best phone and you would have to get a bb package for internet and email for $29.99/month.
    07-12-08 10:46 AM
    Since you have only been your phone for 4 months, it can be expensive to switch. If you have another line of service avail. for upgrade that would help. You will most likely need the $30 per month data plan as well. This covers net and email

Also bringing over contact from the old can be challenge as BB's do not support Back Up Assitant. Usually the store can bring them over for you. Them you will the desktop software and outlook to sync with.

Hopes this helps a bit.
    07-12-08 10:49 AM
    Since you have only been your phone for 4 months, it can be expensive to switch. If you have another line of service avail. for upgrade that would help. You will most likely need the $30 per month data plan as well. This covers net and email

Also bringing over contact from the old can be challenge as BB's do not support Back Up Assitant. Usually the store can bring them over for you. Them you will the desktop software and outlook to sync with.

Hopes this helps a bit.
    so what you are saying is that if i upgrade to the blackberry i have to pay $29.99 for data and email. thats not bad. if i can upgrade from voyager to BB i will and ill just sell my voyager.
    07-12-08 12:38 PM
    That as well as the cost of the BB.
    07-12-08 01:04 PM
    I actually went from the Curve to Voyager, and then back to Curve. I still have my Voyager and love it very much, but I had to move to another location and Verizon (shock!) doesn't work well here.

I switched back to AT&T and got another Curve. PS the reason I went with the Voyager in the first place was because VZW only had the Pearl and I didn't want that.

Both are great phones...I still would probably have the Voyager if it weren't for service issues.
    07-12-08 01:15 PM
    I went from the EnV to the Voyager to the Pearl to the Curve. I love my Curve. I was so bored with my voyager( I even missed my env) and I always had problems with it. The software was lame. I went and bought the pearl in March. Got familiar with the BB system and loved it. I hated the smaller keyboard and suretype. The day I could get my hands on the Curve I bought it and I can't put it down... The next time I change will be When VZW gets the Bold! There is no limit to what you can do on a BB.!!!! Good luck!
    07-12-08 04:07 PM
    I went from the EnV to the Voyager to the Pearl to the Curve. I love my Curve. I was so bored with my voyager( I even missed my env) and I always had problems with it. The software was lame. I went and bought the pearl in March. Got familiar with the BB system and loved it. I hated the smaller keyboard and suretype. The day I could get my hands on the Curve I bought it and I can't put it down... The next time I change will be When VZW gets the Bold! There is no limit to what you can do on a BB.!!!! Good luck!
    I agree with you. Before I got the Curve I wanted every new phone that came out. Now I know my Curve already does whatever these new Samsung, Motorola, or LG phones can do. And a good thing about VZW getting phones last is that they work perfectly once VZW does get them!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-08 04:35 PM
    I agree with you. Before I got the Curve I wanted every new phone that came out. Now I know my Curve already does whatever these new Samsung, Motorola, or LG phones can do. And a good thing about VZW getting phones last is that they work perfectly once VZW does get them!

For the most part they do. There are a couple of small issues with the curve that I am sure be resolved when the OS upgrade is released
    07-12-08 04:40 PM
    what sort of issues do/did you have?
    07-12-08 11:44 PM
    I do not have any really, but things like the one way calling after certain mms with sounds. There is another thread about that. Actually this is the most depedable device I have ever owned
    07-12-08 11:50 PM
    i agree. there is a couple of things i wish BB would incorporate into their OS but for the most part i've never had an issue (coming from an old Treo owner who had to battery pull once a week at least just receive texts)
    07-12-08 11:53 PM
    Ah yes the treo... the never ending rebooting device. I so enjoy teching those. Very time consuming
    07-12-08 11:58 PM
    The Curve is a great device.... Verizon doesn't have a black Curve.
    07-13-08 12:30 AM
    Nope they sure don't, but the black Silicone cover is really nice
    07-13-08 08:39 AM
    thanx for all the info. i have another question or 2. does the curve have threaded SMS? and how is the battery compared to the voyager? i assume better. oh and does it have wifi????
    oh and i talked to a verizon tech support chat person and the BB curve will cost me 429.99! i though it would be 150 because thats what it says on the website. i dont get why phones cost so much!!!! i bet they really dont! its just an excuse to get you to agree to a 3 year contract. i dont think i can wait anither year and a half! omg the voyager refresh better be good
    Last edited by SteveBIRK; 07-13-08 at 09:49 PM.
    07-13-08 09:03 PM
    I had the Voyager for about 28 days and traded it in for the Curve. Best decision I ever made about a cell phone. I can't live without my Curve now. Dump that Voyager. Its merely a kids phone. No utility. And try to view the screens outside if you wear polarized glasses.

07-15-08 12:31 AM
    i'm pretty sure i'm going to be getting the curve. such rave reviews on here! just wondering if i should get the memory card? it only comes with the charger and headset and the user info. just wondering if its necessary or worth it? any input is helpful. thanks!
    07-15-08 04:27 PM
    If you plan to keep pictures, music, video, and other files. I would highly recommend a memory card
    07-15-08 08:29 PM
    I got the voyager when it first came out and I loved it. But then I got my bb curve in May and I never looked back. You will not be sorry you can do way more with the bb. You will fall in love
    07-15-08 08:52 PM
    I got a Voyager right when they came out for my birthday.. Kept it for all of 6 months before I started to hate it, and wanted my enV back.. then, it broke in half. Any phone like that which can break in half (I couldn't kill my enV no matter what I did!) deserves to break in half. It was slow, the battery sucked, and just so.... mediocre. I got a Pearl, and I had to pay $400 or so for it.. and I don't regret it one bit. The texting was a little hard to get used to, because I was the fastest texter I knew, but hey.. well worth it for my Pearl. The curves are nice, my boyfriend has one, and I would take a Curve over a Voyager any day.
    The battery life is better on a Curve than a Voyager from what I've seen, too... Just a lot better in general.. not much more expensive if you have the web/email package on your Voyager either.
    07-16-08 02:59 AM
    I had the V and then I went with thw EnV. The EnV is a great phone to text message with. Honestly that is about it. I never like the touchscreens at all. This is why I went with the Curve. Music, Viedo, Web, Email, Text Messaging and pictures all at the same time. Get the biggest Memory card you can get. You will fill it fast.

07-17-08 10:17 AM
    Keep in mind that VERIZON does not make the software!!!!!!!!!

LG (The manufacturer of the PHONE) is the one that creates the software!!!!
    07-17-08 02:04 PM
    My Voyager battery lasted much longer than the Curve's, but that's only because I didn't have my hands on it nearly as much!
    07-17-08 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD