Preface: I know NOTHING about this stuff -- about unlocking phones, sim cards, etc. So please bear with me and be patient.

I have an LG enV Touch with Verizon. It is my 2nd Env Touch, and both have crapped out on me fairly quickly. I'm sick of this phone but not eligible for an upgrade. I have an Alltel BlackBerry Curve 8330 sitting in the closet, in the box -- is there any way I can use this on my Verizon plan instead of the Env Touch? Some sort of unlock or something? What can I do?

Thanks in advance.
    12-11-10 09:43 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry, since you're new I know you do not know of the search option, so that's ok. But you can not use an Alltel phone on a Verizon plan, you can only use it if you are still on Alltel pricing. Sorry about your enV Touch...LG has been slacking lately. Another suggestion, is get a replacement phone from VzW to replace the one not working and then sell it to buy a used phone from the marketplace here or eBay or something.
    12-12-10 12:09 PM
    The 8330 is a CDMA device and you are unable to unlock it. Only GSM/HSPA models can be unlocked.
    12-12-10 12:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD