Topic... Obviously for the storm, just wondering. So, if I order it via phone/online and want to port my number, do they give me a new temporary SIM with a new number, and then once I make the switch my new number is associated with the new verizon SIM? has anyone gone through with this from ATT? is it a relatively easy process?

appreciate it!
    10-28-08 10:33 PM
    VZW does not use SIM cards for their network. Although in the Storm there will be one for use overseas. You need to get an account with VZW that will get temp phone number. At that time a port request will be started as well. This takes a few days depending on ATT. Once the port is complete you will text msg from VZW with instructions on what to do. Also do NOT cancel your att account till the port is completed.
    10-28-08 10:39 PM
    VZW does not use SIM cards for their network. Although in the Storm there will be one for use overseas. You need to get an account with VZW that will get temp phone number. At that time a port request will be started as well. This takes a few days depending on ATT. Once the port is complete you will text msg from VZW with instructions on what to do. Also do NOT cancel your att account till the port is completed.

Ports generally take less than a day....most of the ones that I process in store go through within 5 or 10 minutes. If you've provided all the correct account info from your old account, then the old provider is supposed to release the number within 24 hours. It is true though, do not cancel the line with your old provider before the port is complete. Your line is automatically cancelled once the port is complete. If you cancel the line before the completed port then the number is returned to the old provider (AT&T in this case) and becomes their property again and not your's.
    10-28-08 11:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD