Hi all,

I'm new here and have a question. Can I get my wife's company discount on the plans even if I go to Best Buy? Is it possible to switch plans after I sign up?
    11-20-08 07:06 PM
    I believe ELEU discounts have to be done at direct locations.

You also need to be an Acct Manager before you can any changes.
    11-20-08 07:22 PM
    I can't just call Verizon after I get the phone and ask them to give me my wife's company discount after the fact?
    11-20-08 07:29 PM
    The way I did it was go to verizon's site and on the front page it says employee discounts. All you do is put your wife's work email address in there and just follow the links there after. It's pretty simple. Or you can call customer service and they can fax a form to you and it is basically the same thing. Both are pretty easy though.
    11-20-08 10:44 PM
    I can't just call Verizon after I get the phone and ask them to give me my wife's company discount after the fact?
    The account has to be in your wife's name if you are wanting to get her employer discount.

You also have to be able to provide proof-of-employment to get the discounts. A work email address used to be sufficient, but I know it's not enough when adding it in store anymore. I'm not sure if it still works on vzw.com. In store we can use the work email address to verify we have the right employer discount, but now a paystub, health insurance card or employee photo ID is required also.
    Last edited by JDnLou; 11-21-08 at 12:16 AM.
    11-21-08 12:13 AM
    The account has to be in your wifes name, if she has a work email (or even if she doesn't) just go here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/e?link=...token=V0yKkDaG

And follow the instructions. Easy peasy, Japanesey.
    11-21-08 12:15 AM
    Thank you all for the answers! One other thing, how many days do you have before you decide you either want to keep the service or cancel w/o penalty?
    11-21-08 02:09 PM
    30 Days! and 30 days only!
    11-22-08 02:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD