Hi I have a question and I have no idea where this question belongs so forgive me if its in the wrong forums but....I have a Tour with insurance on Verizon...my girlfriend is gonna get Metro PCS and they have horrible phones. If I get my Tour unlocked...give it to her to activate with Metro PCS..and just tell Verizon I broke/lost my phone or whatever and just pay the deductible (I'm told its $50 so if someone can confirm that please) to get a Tour...would it work.. could she be able to use it?
    09-30-09 06:04 PM
    Um no. Lost/insurance claim phones get their ESN/BIS access locked.

Plus what you are proposing is illegal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-09 06:10 PM

Oh gosh...verizon police here...lol..."Its illegal".....ahahahahah
    09-30-09 06:15 PM
    Hey, this is a respectable site for responsible Blackberry users. If you want to "tread the line", go do it somewhere else!
    09-30-09 06:25 PM
    Has nothing to do with Verizon police. It has everything to do with being an honest person with integrity, who is smart enough to realize one of three things happen when these phones get entered as stolen.

1) She starts service with MetroPCS. They see the device is stolen & they already have all her info. She gets arrested for felony theft.

2) She rats you out, by saying she got it from you. You go down for felony insurance fraud & could be prosecuted under state & federal statutes.

3) Prosecutors decide both of you were in collusion & you both go down for insurance fraud.

Regardless, your next intimate encounter would be with Bubba, your cell mate.

Of course, since it sounds like you may be on your parents' account, they might toss you out of the basement or be in trouble, too.

09-30-09 06:36 PM
    Has nothing to do with Verizon police. It has everything to do with being an honest person with integrity, who is smart enough to realize one of three things happen when these phones get entered as stolen.

1) She starts service with MetroPCS. They see the device is stolen & they already have all her info. She gets arrested for felony theft.

2) She rats you out, by saying she got it from you. You go down for felony insurance fraud & could be prosecuted under state & federal statutes.

3) Prosecutors decide both of you were in collusion & you both go down for insurance fraud.

Regardless, your next intimate encounter would be with Bubba, your cell mate.

Of course, since it sounds like you may be on your parents' account, they might toss you out of the basement or be in trouble, too.

agree. thats my main issue i have with metroPCS users. bringing non-metro phones to them.

also,
    OP, read this
    MetroPCS and Virgin Mobile scrap over MetroFlash program
    09-30-09 07:47 PM
    I wouldn't recommend doing that at all, you want metro use a metro phone you get what you pay for.
    10-01-09 03:29 PM

Well, from what I understand, while this is considered insurance fraud, it is probably possible to do. The ESN will be blacklisted with Verizon. Will it be possible to activate it with MetroPCS? Maybe. Should you do it? That is up to you. I have seen people activate bad ESN phones onto MetroPCS, but their policies may be changing, or have already changed.

Insurance fraud is just that, fraud. You would lie to Verizon, and say you lost your phone, or it was stolen, and you would get another. That is not right. Can anyone make you listen to us? Nope. Will you do whatever you want? Probably.
    10-01-09 03:47 PM
    Really? That would be like mounting a Porsche on a kiddie-car track.

Do you really expect people to support fraudulent behavior and practice?

Just gotta love people that practice situational ethics.

10-01-09 03:50 PM
    Just gotta love people that practice situational ethics.
    You mean some of these people actually have some ethics?
    10-01-09 03:57 PM
    Well, from what I understand, while this is considered insurance fraud, it is probably possible to do. The ESN will be blacklisted with Verizon. Will it be possible to activate it with MetroPCS? Maybe. Should you do it? That is up to you. I have seen people activate bad ESN phones onto MetroPCS, but their policies may be changing, or have already changed.

Insurance fraud is just that, fraud. You would lie to Verizon, and say you lost your phone, or it was stolen, and you would get another. That is not right. Can anyone make you listen to us? Nope. Will you do whatever you want? Probably.
    I agree with everything twins said, but remember heavy, he is not lying to Verizon as Verizon does not offer insurance, but Asurion. Once the claim is made on the phone, then the phone becomes the property of Asurion and only Asurion can remove it from the negative list.

Its insurance fraud, plain and simple. And I applaud Twins and Heavy for both having enough common sense to call it for what it is.
    10-01-09 06:14 PM
    Its insurance fraud, plain and simple. And I applaud Twins and Heavy for both having enough common sense to call it for what it is.
    Thanks!

A little reminder too, expanding on the above. Asurion is not only the VZW insurance provider. Look at their site to see the vast number of carriers they partner with.

And they do maintain a lost/stolen database with all of them.

Asurion is part of Liberty Mutual, one of the nation's largest indemnity companies. They weren't started yesterday & they are not some podunk outfit.
    10-01-09 06:29 PM
    Yes you can.

CAll to report to Verizon phone has been lost or stolen, which ever has the lowest deductible.

Then you have to find someone who can add the ESN of the blackberry, or in this case the MEID.

The best place for this is to look on craigslist, since most metroPCS stores can not be able to add Blackberry ESN's since the metroflash program does not support blackberries.

After that, 50$ would be the charge to add it to metroPCS, but you may have to pay to 120$ to add it, since thats the going rate.

ONce added, you'll have no internet or picture mail on MEtro, but the 120$ you paid to flash it over may include them, depending on the person who flashed your phone.

That's it, there ya go. It's possible and easy to do. Have fun and ignore the arrogant users on crackberry, no one really likes them anyway. I know I don't, :lol:
    11-12-09 08:17 AM
    Insurance fraud is no joke, its taken very seriously; and I'm not talking about Verizon.

11-12-09 08:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD