Hi all,

I have a couple of friends that are moving to Arizona (from KY) and they already know that att doesn't cover the area they're moving to, so they will be switching to Verizon. The question is, since they're switching to verizon will they have to pay the deposit?

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-11 07:52 PM
    I don't think you have to pay a deposit unless your credit sucks....
    03-18-11 08:06 PM
    The only way to know if there will be a deposit needed is to go through the process of getting service and they run the credit.
    03-19-11 09:21 AM
    Hi all,

I have a couple of friends that are moving to Arizona (from KY) and they already know that att doesn't cover the area they're moving to, so they will be switching to Verizon. The question is, since they're switching to verizon will they have to pay the deposit?

Thanks

No, they won't have to.
    Being an AT&T subscriber, credit checks were done before they got those lines ( unless they have to pay a deposit to AT&T) after the credit inquiry.

Actually, they might even be entitled to discounted rates/ FREE phones since they will be considered as switchers.
    03-19-11 09:45 AM
    Verizon will still run their credit. I came from Att even after being a Verizon customer only six months before...they ran my credit again.

03-19-11 11:50 PM
    The only way to know if there will be a deposit needed is to go through the process of getting service and they run the credit.
    Actually, you can call VZW Sales via the phone and find out how much the deposit is that way.

I did this when I was contemplating getting my own plan versus going back on my mom's family plan. I ended up doing the latter because I have zero credit (I'm young, no CC yet) and I had the guy check on the deposit and it was H-U-G-E. No thank you, haha.
    03-23-11 11:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD