Question:

I am currently under an Alltel plan still and my wife's phone still has about a year and a half under a contract. My phone is messing up and my friend has a Alltel BB Curve (due to him upgrading to a Storm). Will Verizon allow me to replace my current phone with another Alltel Curve until we are able to upgrade to Verizon phones?

I've been wanting to call and ask but it seems so far the customer service hold time is never ending!

Thanks
    07-28-09 11:38 PM
    Yes.. all alltell customers are eligible to transition to Verizon devices/plans at 2y pricing + $30 off.
    07-29-09 01:49 AM
    It looks like information changed today. In order to convert to Verizon from Alltell, according to my sup:

1. The lines must be on a family share plan.

2. At least one line in the family share set must be eligible to upgrade now and all lines must agree to a 2 year term.

3. They must be adding an HTML device or changing the plan to a VZW Nationwide Connect or Premium plan.
    07-29-09 10:18 AM
    So can I change my current phone to an Alltel phone until I am ready to upgrade to a Verizon plan? Thanks I tried to send a PM but I don't have enough posts yet.
    08-01-09 12:08 AM
    Yes you can replace an alltel phone with another alltel phone, in fact you can use the esn switcher online or call *228 and use option 3.

forkup
    08-01-09 03:45 PM
    It looks like information changed today. In order to convert to Verizon from Alltell, according to my sup:

2. At least one line in the family share set must be eligible to upgrade now and all lines must agree to a 2 year term.

3. They must be adding an HTML device or changing the plan to a VZW Nationwide Connect or Premium plan.
    I haven't heard of #3 being in there... time to go thru CC! Thanks for that info I need to look in to that.
    08-01-09 03:59 PM
    If you find something differnet let me know.
    08-01-09 06:59 PM

This, at least in some stores, is manager's discression. We generally follow number one but number two is only if account is 50/50 or more eligable for upgrades. We prefer number three but not a nececity
    08-01-09 09:11 PM
    Yes you can replace an alltel phone with another alltel phone, in fact you can use the esn switcher online or call *228 and use option 3.

forkup
    Thank you, question answered
    08-02-09 02:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD