Hey guys,

this is my first post on here. I've been reading a few threads for a while tonight and decided this is place that should be able to help me out with my BB questions.

First of all, I'm really close to being eligible for a NE2 upgrade on Verizon, and I really want the BB curve. I don't NEED the data plan package, but if i HAVE to get it, I will get the 30 dollar package. However, I live in an extended network area. I live in West Virginia, and actual Verizon network areas are about few and far between. So, my main question is, will the data plan still work even though I'm in the Extended Network 98% of the time that I have/use the phone?

I really dig the BB and all it's features. My second choice is a Voyager, but I don't want to upgrade my voice plan like Verizon makes you. I have a couple of friends who are on ATT one with a pearl and one with a curve, both were able to upgrade to unlimited texting and were waived the data plans. Is that possible on Verizon? (I've seen little discussion about that on the forums, so I'm asking anyway).
    06-22-08 01:38 AM
    Yes you'll have Data even though you're in extended network area.
    Yes you can upgrade to the Unlimited plan which will include text, total with your Data plan will be $149.99 for both the unlimited and Data.

Welcome to the Crack!
    06-22-08 02:39 AM
    Awesome. Thanks so much for the info! I was really worried about that. I didn't want to get the phone with the data plan and then it not work. I was REALLY worried about that.

I'm on my mom's plan, even though it was originally just my phone, but now it's a family plan. haha. i'll probably stick with the 30 dollar data and keep my current text plan for the time being.

i'll be upgrading on July 12th! I can't wait!
    06-22-08 02:42 AM
    Hi and welcome.
    06-22-08 07:13 AM
    Thanks so much for the warm welcome(s).

Like I said I live in an extended network are and was worried the data plan/internet on the BB wouldn't work. Hopefully with this alltell/verizon merger, things will change in West Virginia. I know that here Verizon uses Alltell's signal so, my fingers are definitely crossed.
    06-22-08 12:32 PM
    Welcome to CB!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-08 12:37 PM
    Welcome to CB.
    06-22-08 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD