I currently still have an Alltel plan and was wanting to change my sons mobile number to reflect his home area (he lives in kentucky and I live in NC. I called customer service to see if this was something they would be able to do and was told yes. Due to the fact I didn't have my sons phone with me at the time I decided to wait till I was with him before changing his number, I called. Cs and was told that I could not change one number unless I was going to change them all (obviously not an option nor a big deal) but then the agent told me to try back in a couple of months. Now, my question is what difference is a couple of months gonna make for this? are they pulling my leg or what.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 04:15 PM
    I do not see a reason that one number could not be changed. I do it from time to time. Unless there is an Alltel issue buried somewhere, of this I do not know.
    08-01-09 04:19 PM
    I was told there was a "cross market issue" that the system would not let him do it. Idk I just wanted to know if it was legit.

08-01-09 04:24 PM
    This might be true, if he is in area that has not yet been fully converted. It would then be an exchange thing. Did they put you though to the Alltel Haritage group? they might be better suited to help.
    08-01-09 07:54 PM
    When I call 611 I get verizon cs and I now pay verizon so I'm not sure if alltel is really in the picture for me anymore.

08-01-09 07:58 PM
    Got ya. I would call back and see if you can more details on why they canot do then. If you have been converted, there should be no problems changing one number on the account. Keep pressing until they tell you an acceptable reason that makes scense to you.
    08-01-09 08:00 PM