I'm probably going to switch to Verizon within the next few months. I was wondering if I bought the 8330 off ebay, could I buy a plan to go with the phone until the tour came out? Or would I have to get a phone through Verizon themselves to get an account, because then I'd have to wait for whenever the Tour comes out.
    05-08-09 10:29 PM
    Verizon now offers month-to-month if you buy a device at full-retail or supply your own. As long as the device is a Verizon branded phone you will have the option to upgrade into the tour at two year pricing when it comes out.

You are in the exact situation I am in. I had a 8330 Curve and signed up. They just put you on month-to-month. I can upgrade whenever I want and so can you if you supply your own device.

Hope that helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-09 10:32 PM
    I'm probably going to switch to Verizon within the next few months. I was wondering if I bought the 8330 off ebay, could I buy a plan to go with the phone until the tour came out? Or would I have to get a phone through Verizon themselves to get an account, because then I'd have to wait for whenever the Tour comes out.
    You can activate your own equipment on VZW. You'll have to contact telesales or go into a store to have a new account created with the Curve you get from ebay. Make sure they don't put you into a contract since it's your own phone, and make sure they set your eligible upgrade dates correct, so you can upgrade as soon as the Niagra, or whichever device you choose, comes out. There will be a $35 activation fee, when you activate a new line of service with your own equipment.
    05-08-09 10:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD