so i am on a family plan and want to switch over to the BB tour. i went to the VZW store a few weeks ago when looking at the curve and the rep said i can switch over to a BB using another lines upgrade which is fine with me, he also told me about the Tour coming out so i decided to wait. i want to know if there is a way online (so i can pre-order) to do this with my number. when i check online using my number its $400ish, but when i check the line i can upgrade its the $200. my phone is non-upgradable till next summer. also for just in case purposes, can i pre-order the tour at the VZW store?

Thanks in advance
    07-07-09 12:46 AM
    so i am on a family plan and want to switch over to the BB tour. i went to the VZW store a few weeks ago when looking at the curve and the rep said i can switch over to a BB using another lines upgrade which is fine with me, he also told me about the Tour coming out so i decided to wait. i want to know if there is a way online (so i can pre-order) to do this with my number. when i check online using my number its $400ish, but when i check the line i can upgrade its the $200. my phone is non-upgradable till next summer. also for just in case purposes, can i pre-order the tour at the VZW store?

Thanks in advance
    I work for vzw what you want to do if you want to pre order is order the phone under that person's upgrade for the $200 when you receive the device go online to activate it (it's on the right side under quick links if you are logged in as the main acct. holder) after you activate it you can switch the tour over to your line it just has to be activated under that line for contract purposes so basically when you upgrade under that line you are extending the contract by 2 yrs on that line but your contract on your line will stay the same and your upgrade on your line will not change either so when time comes for yours if that person needs an upgrade they can use yours it's called an alternate upgrade. You may even be able to order it that way online I don't remember haven't gone threw that process in awhile I am out of work right now for illness reasons but that's what you want to do.
    07-07-09 01:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD