if i get an iphone before the tiered data plans start.... will i later be able to put a blackberry on my line, and keep the same $30 unlimited data option? or do you think they'll make me change it to the tiered data pricing? even if paying full retail for the blackberry?
    06-21-11 06:11 AM
    If you're not in before the July 7 cutoff for unlimited data, you'll have to do the tiered route. Unlimited data won't be an option. It'd be just like walking into a store with a phone you got off eBay and saying "activate this." Unlimited data won't be an option.

Chances are, whenever you upgrade phones, swap phones or get a new phone, the unlimited data option will disappear and you'll have to eventually move to tiered data.
    06-21-11 09:49 AM
    I am sorry to say that the above is not necessarly true. Call VZW right now and get the most current data and phone plan. As long as you have that(no price change BTW), i was told that you can switch from iphone to bb no problem...Please keep in mind that iphone is not 4G; not sure if 4G will cause a "break of phone plan"
    blessed2bamommie likes this.
    06-21-11 12:58 PM
    I'm sorry to say that the above may no be true. Since no details of tiered data have been discussed, everything is just assumptions. My GUESS is once you have unlimited you would be grandfathered but we shall see.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-11 01:55 PM
    I can't activate a new device on my line without losing my 150MB/$15 data plan. I'd be surprised if the OP could switch back and forth without having to change plans.
    06-21-11 01:59 PM
    Deleted since nobody wants to know
    Last edited by papped; 06-21-11 at 04:43 PM.
    06-21-11 02:44 PM
    You won't be able to switch freely between LTE phones and non LTE phones no matter what (even ignoring plan pricing)...

The stupid LTE sim card will deactivate immediately after changing your phone ESN to a 3g phone and you have to get a new sim card every time you want to reactivate the LTE phone...

Only way it will work is if you switch between two LTE phones, then you just swap the sim card.
    Respectfully, what does that have to do with this thread? Neither the iPhone nor Blackberry phones (current or proposed version) employ LTE SIM cards.

That being said, I agree with others that you will probably lose your unlimited plan if you change between the iPhone and Blackberry after the new tiered plans are in place. You are in effect, changing data plans as the Blackberry data plan is different from the iPhone data plan.
    06-21-11 03:18 PM
    I dont think you will lose your unlimited when you switch from a bb or to any other smart phone when I ring up a data plan its a generic 29.99 email and smartphone plan it doesnt specify whether its bb specific although in reality it is but I personally believe you wont have to drop your plan when you switch but I'll find out in a couple days
    07-05-11 10:12 PM
    I was told today @ the store the unlimited plan will be void if you change phones.
    07-05-11 10:45 PM
    I was told today @ the store the unlimited plan will be void if you change phones.
    They need to get their facts straight. It won't change as long as you use any smartphone capable of the $29.99 pack. It includes any BB, the iPhone, and all the Android phones ever released on Verizon.
    07-06-11 05:35 AM
    They need to get their facts straight. It won't change as long as you use any smartphone capable of the $29.99 pack. It includes any BB, the iPhone, and all the Android phones ever released on Verizon.
    Thanks for your info! This tired data has everyone worried!
    07-06-11 08:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD