I own a BB Storm and I was talking with a friend the other day about the problems with the device. I have returned the Storm 3 or 4 times now and when I mentioned that he said that once you've returned a model 4 times, RIM will allow you to switch to a different model if you want. I wanted to come here to check and see if there's any reality to his claim.

A Verizon Store clerk mentioned something like that to me once, but at the time it was brought up I had zero-interest in switching phones (since then my attitude has changed) so I didn't pay attention to the details of what he was saying. However, I went into Verizon last week because, once again the Storm is acting up. The clerk I mentioned this policy to last week looked at me like I was completely nuts and said he doubted something like that existed...however he never looked it up and he was a complete a-hole in general, so I'm not sure if I'm crazy or if he was just being a ****.

Can anyone confirm/deny whether this policy exists? Thanks much.
    10-19-09 10:26 AM
    I do not know if this is Verizon policy or not but what I was told over the weekend at my local Verizon store was that after 3 returns in a 90 day period that they could, with managers approval, upgrade to a comperable device. That is what happend to me after two replacements of the 8830, I seen the same person at my store two days in a row and they talked to the manager and on the second time in I walked out with a brand new Tour.
    10-19-09 12:48 PM
    There's been a lot of talk about what Verizon will do for this. It probably has something to do with what CSR you end up talking with.
    10-19-09 12:54 PM
    Jimmy's got it right 3 within 90, and its a comperable. As far as I know RIM wouldn't be letting anyone do anything if it didn't come through VZW. You don't call RIM for help you call vzw unless you wanna be charged.
    10-19-09 12:57 PM
    Damn, I didn't realize it had to be within 90 days. I'm definitely not within the necessary 90 day period.
    10-19-09 01:06 PM
    Just get it replaced, if theres like 4 in 5 months or so the manager/supervisor may bend... but thats a MAY
    10-19-09 01:07 PM
    A store manager has this discretion, but the new policy within the 800# Technical Support departments is no longer "Comprable" unless they are out of stock of the existing device as New. So if you have a Blackberry Storm and you've had 2 replacements within 90 days than you're eligible for a Brand New Storm unless we're out of stock. So it seems it may work out more in your favor if you go to a retail store. Just FYI.
    10-20-09 12:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD