Hi! This is my first post, and I have done some searches and not found the information I am looking for.

I don't own a Blackberry yet, but I had really been looking forward to possibly getting the Storm. I really wanted wi-fi, but I was prepared to live without it, because there don't seem to be many Verizon phones that offer this anyway. It was at this point that I heard about the Niagara, which seems more like a device in line with what I want.

The thing I really do like about the Storm that I think I would miss, is how easy it is to scroll through web pages, and how large the screen is for website viewing. It's the sort of thing where I think I would maybe want BOTH devices at some point, depending on what I wanted to do (maybe that's crazy...)

I was trying to read about switching back and forth between two phones like you can do with SIM cards in GSM phones, and found out there's some way to keep activating alternating phones by using your ESN on some weird Verizon website. I was CONSIDERING getting both phones and doing this. My only question is, BIS service is tied to your device's PIN, right? Do you have to pay for TWO BIS accounts if you have two phones, or can you switch between them, and somehow still only pay for one BIS account if you are only accessing it from one phone at a time? Thanks for any help you can give me!
    12-02-08 01:46 AM
    Bumpage....i was wondering the same
    02-02-09 03:01 PM
    As long as it's 2 BBs it should work, you would just switch the PINs each time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-09 03:18 PM
    anybody know for sure if the Niagara has a sim card?
    02-02-09 03:50 PM
    Ok, just so you know, you can only switch a phone numbers ESN (Electronic Serial Number) 3 times during a billing period. After the 3rd change is down it will lock you out and you will be stuck with the last phone put on. Just an FYI
    02-03-09 01:06 AM
    Okay. That's definitely helpful information. Thanks for the reply!
    Ok, just so you know, you can only switch a phone numbers ESN (Electronic Serial Number) 3 times during a billing period. After the 3rd change is down it will lock you out and you will be stuck with the last phone put on. Just an FYI
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-09 02:27 AM
    Ive switched phones more than three times in a billing cycle and it didnt lock. I had a Gleam, switched to a Dare, switched to a Pearl, then switched to a Curve. In between some of those changes I had the number on a razr. All within the same billing cycle, and all the changes were done via the VZW website.

02-05-09 10:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD