Hey, I have a Tour but I also have a friend who is offering me a Storm at a price that I can't resist. (I am a big geek so I'm always switching phones and eager around to play with new stuff).

But my question is, if I switched between these two phones, would whichever phone is active be covered by the insurance, or just the Tour? I'm a bit more hesitant to take him up if I don't have some protection on it haha.
    08-16-09 09:30 AM
    The insurance company only covers phones that are activated and purchased through Verizon Wireless...like upgrades and device transfers on the same account. I know of sometimes where people get phones and can still have insurance, but I know alot more that have attempted insurance on a customer provided equipment and been denied from asurion.
    08-16-09 10:16 AM
    The insurance company only covers phones that are activated and purchased through Verizon Wireless...like upgrades and device transfers on the same account. I know of sometimes where people get phones and can still have insurance, but I know alot more that have attempted insurance on a customer provided equipment and been denied from asurion.
    Eh. I'll have to think about it then. The one good thing I had going with Sprint is they were always completely clueless as to where a phone came from.
    08-16-09 10:22 AM
    lol yeah I know a lot of them use to be like that. I think the reason for the change was due to people buying damaged phones cheap online, then sending to insurance getting fixed and selling them, or getting insurance on 1 line and if a family or friends phone breaks getting it replaced for them.
    08-16-09 10:30 AM
    I've heard this; and I've read it in policy... however...

When my mom got a line for my daughter we activated it with my old env2 and I put insurance on it because she's 9. ( dont diss me its come in handy )
    When we went to my sisters for vacation she had an 8300 series flip phone and because of finances could not upgrade; so I offered to switch the 8300 with the env2, leaving my daughter with a more simplified phone. When she lost it this summer ( again dont judge me! ) I called asurian and they replaced the 8300 with no issues. They even had that phone on file.
    I would say it would be hit or miss.

hehe... and we did just add insurance to my line when we origanally activated out lines bc we got 8300s. Figuring that since they are both the same we could just use it for both. ( this doesnt work anymore because they verify the ESN of the damaged phone.. DOH )
    Last edited by heather.law; 08-16-09 at 10:39 AM.
    08-16-09 10:36 AM
    lol yeah I see that sometimes too, it is a hit or miss...but if you miss, its usually a pretty big miss lol. I work for customer service and I see some people take some big falls, and being insurance is a third party we cannot do anything about it since they have their own policies.
    08-16-09 10:42 AM
    Oh I hear you there... When I worked for AT&T I saw that all the time.
    I was like "OH SNAP!" or people who dont think insurance is worth it.. ( not going to start that argument again; we all know that its on a preferance person by person basis... Twins ) and then a month later their blackberry gets stolen at the bar or something... then they get mad that they have to pay retail for it.

I love my insurance and I wont ever take it off.
    08-16-09 10:58 AM
    I love insurance too, I have had to use it a few times for my own dumbness as well as stolen, things like that. And your right, alot of people dont want insurance until the time comes where they need it. lol
    08-18-09 01:41 PM
    Whichever phone is listed on your account at the time of filing the insurance claim, that phone will be covered; so if you are using the storm and it's listed on your account, the storm will be covered by the insurance. Switch to the tour and it's covered.
    08-18-09 04:18 PM
    Whichever phone is listed on your account at the time of filing the insurance claim, that phone will be covered; so if you are using the storm and it's listed on your account, the storm will be covered by the insurance. Switch to the tour and it's covered.
    Completely false. If that was true anyone could buy a broken phone for 50$ and get it replaced. So in theory, you know nothing.
    08-18-09 04:22 PM
    http://www.phoneclaim.com/doc_list/d...6_ALL_brochure

Agree with blue and bold---before you do anything you may regret you can review the actual Asurion terms and conditions.
    08-18-09 04:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD