Let me start off by saying that I searched through the fourms and all the topics I read have different answers to my question, trying to see for myself which one to believe.

I have the Curve for Verizon and just switched to the Storm, is it possible to keep switching between the two phones when I feel like it? I know you can do it online, but is there a limit on the number of times I am allowed to switch in a billing period? Also, is there a fee that is charged for each switch?

Any help is appreciated!
    06-05-09 08:31 AM
    Let me start off by saying that I searched through the fourms and all the topics I read have different answers to my question, trying to see for myself which one to believe.

I have the Curve for Verizon and just switched to the Storm, is it possible to keep switching between the two phones when I feel like it? I know you can do it online, but is there a limit on the number of times I am allowed to switch in a billing period? Also, is there a fee that is charged for each switch?

Any help is appreciated!
    Yes you can switch as much as you like with no fee.

When you want to switch - you dial *228 option 3 and this will change the ESNon the account. Make sure the device you are swtiching from is powered off (pull battery).

Also when you do this, you sill need to access the BIS and do a device change for your mail. If you are on BES you will need to run an activation and most likely talk to your IT dept to get this done. If this is casr, then you might upset your IT dept if you switch a lot.
    06-05-09 08:37 AM
    Yes you can switch as much as you like with no fee.
    Is there no limit? There used to be a 3 switches per billing cycle limit.

Or is that for smartphone/non-smartphone switching due to all the prorating that needs to be done on the account, making it a big mess?
    06-05-09 07:50 PM
    Is there no limit? There used to be a 3 switches per billing cycle limit.

Or is that for smartphone/non-smartphone switching due to all the prorating that needs to be done on the account, making it a big mess?
    I am not aware of any limit. I will try to remember to look into that on Sunday.
    06-05-09 08:10 PM
    Thanks, used to be a long time ago the fear was that one could get stuck with whatever phone was being used after the third switch in the billing cycle.
    06-05-09 08:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD