I have a Z30, and I'm thinking about buying the Classic. I've never kept an old phone when upgrading. Three questions:

1. If I keep the Z30, can I switch back and forth as easily as switching the SIM card between the phones?

2. Can I use the Z30 like a tablet if the SIM card is in the Classic? For example, if the Z30 is connected to the internet via wifi, could I continue to play games, read books, etc. on it?

3. My wife still has an old fashioned flip phone. Could I put that phone's SIM card into the Z30 and give it to her (realizing she would need to get a data plan)?

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 01:35 PM
    1. No, Z30 uses a Micro SIM, Classic uses a Nano SIM.
    2. Yes, You can use your Z30 on wifi to play games etc.
    3. No, the old fashioned flip phone probably uses the large SIM.

You can go to your carrier and get the correct size (usually for free) for each phone. If you try to use the SIM adaptor you could possibly ruin your SIM Tray in the phone(s).
    03-28-15 02:10 PM
    Verizon also allows you to switch devices online whenever you want. I've been doing just that, going back and forth between Classic with nano sim and Q10 with microsim. Takes about 2 minutes. If you're not doing it every day, it works fine.
    03-30-15 09:46 AM
    Verizon also allows you to switch devices online whenever you want. I've been doing just that, going back and forth between Classic with nano sim and Q10 with microsim. Takes about 2 minutes. If you're not doing it every day, it works fine.
    So Verizon provided the two different sim cards for use in those two phones. Verizon has to do something so both sim cards are associated with your one account?

There's a Z30 thread (I think) discussing the nano-sim and the adapter controversy (gets stuck if used wrong).
    03-30-15 10:38 AM
    So Verizon provided the two different sim cards for use in those two phones. Verizon has to do something so both sim cards are associated with your one account?

There's a Z30 thread (I think) discussing the nano-sim and the adapter controversy (gets stuck if used wrong).
    As I understand it, there can't have more than one active SIM associated with a VZW line. Verizon will provide a nano SIM with te new Classic and will link that new SIM to the OP's account. He'll have to make sure to ask for a SIM adapter set when ordering the phone. If they ask why, it's OK to tell them that you want to be able to swap to and from your Z30. They won't care. Remember that the new SIM will replace the current SIM, which probably won't be able to be reused. My experience has been that SIMs don't transfer to different lines very well.

BTW, almost none of the older flip phones on Verizon used a SIM. Just the "world phones". If the OP wants to use his Z30 on his wife's line, he'll have to ask VZW for a new SIM.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-30-15 02:46 PM

Nope, when I ordered the classic, it came with a sim pre-installed. Now I can leave the sim cards in the devices and on the Verizon account page to switch phones, you can just select the option that says "I've used this device previously on verizon" and the other phone/sim show right there. I click that phone/sim and power it up and it's activated. Seriously, it takes less than 1 minute to change. Until I sent the classic back, I was switching from q10 to classic about three times every day.

So to answer your question directly, all I had to do was activate the new one with its own sim and now I change phones at-will on the website.
    FF22 and Judyam like this.
    03-30-15 02:54 PM
    In fact, on verizons website, you can activate a new sim card easily.
    03-30-15 02:55 PM