I have a G'zone and a Tour. I use the G'zone for work currently(dirty manual labor) and I just picked up a Tour I bought from my friend. I'd like to know how I would be able to switch between the 2. Here's the catch, I realize I need a Blackberry data plan for the Tour but when my G'zone is activated, I'd prefer not paying for the data plan. Would I have to switch plans over each time, if that's even possible? Thanks for the help (and yes I know I can transfer phones via My Verizon)
    10-09-09 08:40 PM
    you can. you would have to add and readd the dataplan each time. And you will be prorated the charges for the plan. yikes....
    10-09-09 08:43 PM
    Appreciate the fast response. So, basically what your saying is I'm asking for trouble(Bill wise)?
    10-09-09 08:45 PM
    Not really trouble.....it will get messy though. Because of the whole bill in advance you may get full charges for the data plan, then be credited on the next bill.....maybe get a second line for 9.99....it's all up to you.
    10-09-09 09:13 PM
    I bought the Tour through an outside source so I could have the latest blackberry but not be trapped if/when something better comes out. I am due for upgrade ATM and eligible for NE2 in Feb. Kinda anxious to see what comes out and would like to be able to buy it for a cheaper price. Thanks for the info though.
    10-09-09 09:38 PM
    Appreciate the fast response. So, basically what your saying is I'm asking for trouble(Bill wise)?
    Get yourself a family plan.
    10-09-09 11:29 PM
    Honestly if you dont mind being blinded with prorations on your bill every month... go for it.
    You can change the ESN/MEID's via your my verizon then just *228 opt1
    it SHOULD... SHOULD
    auto delete the data plan while the Gzone is activated. But it usually auto adds the 44.99 data plan when the bb's added because the one with corp provisioning is defaulted.
    10-10-09 09:15 AM
    Yea it can be done but it will be more of a headache than anything. As Blue suggested, add a line and have 2 numbers. You will see a bunch of confusing charges on your bill if you put on and take off a data plan often.
    10-10-09 09:22 AM
    thanks for the advice everyone. Wish there was an easier way around having 2 lines but I guess my options are limited .
    10-11-09 10:39 AM
    UPDATE:

So I talked to VZW Csr and she told me that there would be no problem with alternating between the 2 phones and I would only be charged .96 cents per day extra when my Berry is activated. She said the bill may look confusing but it will all be added in my bill cycle. I'm going to more than likely try this out because my tour is very pretty and don't want to dirty it up with my moneky business at work. Hope this helps anyone else that was wondering the same thing .
    10-12-09 01:12 PM
    You can only switch 3 times within a billing period. That's what a VZW rep told me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-09 01:44 PM
    in my experience, the tour can take a lot... I would try it at work and see what happens. It seems to be pretty solid with a good case. I clean mine frequently, it takes a beating...
    10-16-09 04:11 AM
    thanks for the advice everyone. Wish there was an easier way around having 2 lines but I guess my options are limited .
    you can activate the BBerry on a month to month plan since you are providing the equipment.

This way if you decide to update to some other blackberry in feb with your NE2 you can cancel the family line.

alternatively you could activate the Tour on your primary line, activate the Gzone (if possible) on a prepaid line, and set the Tour to foreward all your calls when you are at work.

Depending on how often you use your phone at work though, it might be cheaper to do the add a line on a month to month plan.
    10-16-09 09:38 AM
    OR, you could spend 49.99 and get yourself an otterbox case. The BB training that I had 2 days ago the BB rep took his phone and spiked it like it as a football. Picked it up and kept working without issue. Dont know how many times he has done it, or can do it to the same phone. If your throwing your phone with that force all the time even the G'Zone isnt going to last.
    10-16-09 09:42 AM
    OR, you could spend 49.99 and get yourself an otterbox case. The BB training that I had 2 days ago the BB rep took his phone and spiked it like it as a football. Picked it up and kept working without issue. Dont know how many times he has done it, or can do it to the same phone. If your throwing your phone with that force all the time even the G'Zone isnt going to last.
    Thats awesome I wish I had a trainer like that lol
    I hope one time it just splits the phone in half and he's like oh.... well.... (while picking the pieces up) and just walks out of the training room.
    10-16-09 09:45 AM
    Thats awesome I wish I had a trainer like that lol
    I hope one time it just splits the phone in half and he's like oh.... well.... (while picking the pieces up) and just walks out of the training room.
    It was the BB rep. So Im guessing he would have just moved on to the pearl flip demo.

What was really funny was that there was a lady in the front row that once he raised his arm to throw it she started trying to come across the table to grab it/save it. She about took out the table trying to dive for the phone. From some other people there was a large gasp, and I laughed. I was disappointed when the screen was still on though.
    10-16-09 09:48 AM
    In my experience, Spam can take a lot. I would try to eat it at work to see how it tastes. It seems to be pretty solid with a good case. It can take a beating but in the end, it is still just Spam.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-09 05:57 PM
    Just out of curiosity, how often did you want to switch between phones??
    10-16-09 05:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD