I can change phones now and am looking at the BBs. Just trying to decide which one to pick. My mom has a Curve and loves it. I have looked at the Storm, Storm 2, Tour, Curve, and have debated about the Droid. Not completely sold on the Droid, either verison.

I want to be able to tether my new phone to my computer for traveling. Syncing to Outlook is a must! Need to be able to easily turn off the phone (no sending or receiving phone calls or texts at work), but still need to access the calander and task list.

Any opinions?
    11-20-09 10:51 PM
    Droid and Eris do not tether at this time.

You can turn off connections on a BB and still acess the features you need, this is a very easy thing to do. Doird at this time, does not sync with outlook, unless there is an app for it. Eris has an app that HTC has that will.
    11-20-09 11:14 PM
    I can change phones now and am looking at the BBs. Just trying to decide which one to pick. My mom has a Curve and loves it. I have looked at the Storm, Storm 2, Tour, Curve, and have debated about the Droid. Not completely sold on the Droid, either verison.

I want to be able to tether my new phone to my computer for traveling. Syncing to Outlook is a must! Need to be able to easily turn off the phone (no sending or receiving phone calls or texts at work), but still need to access the calander and task list.

Any opinions?
    i have a tour and love it. i have heard mixed feelings about the storm1. the curve is a nice solid phone.

if u want to sync w/ outlook just use google sync. i have my google calender/iphone/bb/and outlook all sync'd up together with my google account and its freeeee
    11-20-09 11:16 PM
    Doird at this time, does not sync with outlook, unless there is an app for it. Eris has an app that HTC has that will.
    Doird may not sync, but Droid does. As mentioned above...

https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gappssync

Or Microsoft has solutions - all free.

These give you "pushed" sync between phone & computer - all OTA.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-09 11:48 PM
    Doird may not sync, but Droid does. As mentioned above...

https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gappssync

Or Microsoft has solutions - all free.

These give you "pushed" sync between phone & computer - all OTA.

Yep agreed! I know about this option as well. Also Eris I am sure will run this application. I was refering to direct cable sync, is what I thought the OP wanted
    11-21-09 08:27 AM
    Yes I was talking about cable syncing
    11-21-09 12:04 PM
    Yes I was talking about cable syncing
    In that case, I have not found a way for the DROID to do it, I am sure there will app soon. The Eris as I stated before has an app from HTC for this.
    11-21-09 12:07 PM
    Why do you need cable when these abilities are wireless & accomplish the same thing?

These are not CrapBerrys we're talking about here - cables are not needed.
    11-21-09 12:10 PM
    Old habits die hard.
    11-21-09 12:18 PM
    Why do you need cable when these abilities are wireless & accomplish the same thing?

These are not CrapBerrys we're talking about here - cables are not needed.
    Ah yes, but BB can do Google and Yahoo sync as well. These will attach to outlook with out a cable
    11-21-09 12:27 PM
    Tried using google sync... It won't even let me set it up says:
    Google Apps Sync is not enabled for your email address. Please ask your domain administrator to enable it.
    I am trying to set this up on my home pc, not at work. Now what?
    11-21-09 05:10 PM
    Not to sure as I do not use this method myself. I am sure some will be along to help, or google the error. Lots of info there to help
    11-21-09 05:18 PM
    FWIW When I travel I need more than phone horsepower. For $15 month I tether my laptop to my tour via bluetooth using VZ Access manager. And it's much more secure than public wifi hotspots.

11-21-09 05:42 PM
    So back to my original question...
    These are the phones that I am considering Storm, Storm 2, Tour, and Curve. Which one would be a good fit?
    11-21-09 06:42 PM
    So back to my original question...
    These are the phones that I am considering Storm, Storm 2, Tour, and Curve. Which one would be a good fit?
    It is your decision really. What is your budget and needs in a phone? This is something you have to answer.
    11-21-09 07:40 PM
    FWIW When I travel I need more than phone horsepower. For $15 month I tether my laptop to my tour via bluetooth using VZ Access manager. And it's much more secure than public wifi hotspots.

How do you get tethering for $15 month? Everything that I look at shows $30 month.
    11-21-09 08:49 PM
    How do you get tethering for $15 month? Everything that I look at shows $30 month.
    This is data plan dependant.

44.99 plan = $15
    29.99 plan = $30
    11-21-09 08:57 PM
    Of those choices I would eliminate the S1, get and S2 if you go that route, it has a ton more memory, MUCH better onscreen keyboard AND wifi. If you go for the Curve family get the new Curve2 8530, it's got extra memory, a trackpad AND wifi. Tour is a great option IF you don't want the wifi, it also has a better camera than the 8530. I am NOT a winmo fan, BUT it is better now that they have 6.5, so you could go that route too. Sounds like the Droid would not be good for you. I think your main question should be touch screen or keyboard. Go to the store play with the phones, THEN make a decision.
    11-21-09 09:02 PM
    This is data plan dependant.

44.99 plan = $15
    29.99 plan = $30
    I checked out vzw and found that out. I am cheap, but am finding that to get all the features that I want I will have to spend more than I want to. Oh well, that's life. Spend it now or later.
    11-22-09 12:04 AM
    I checked out vzw and found that out. I am cheap, but am finding that to get all the features that I want I will have to spend more than I want to. Oh well, that's life. Spend it now or later.
    Or you can just will it to me
    11-22-09 05:39 PM
    lastraid -
    If had enough I'd be happy to will some to you.
    11-24-09 10:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD