Hi, Long time lurker. Been waiting for Classic to launch w/ Verizon. I'm over the iP and can't wait to go back to my BB. Can anybody offer me steps on how to go about the switch if/when the classic become available and if it's not avail in the Verizon store? Since I've been w/ the iPhone for for a few years it's been easy to just walk in to the Verizon store and the reps would do everything for me as far as giving me my new iP and transferring my info. Are they still going to be able to help me transfer my info? Is there anything special I'm going to need to do?
    02-18-15 08:40 PM
    I don't know much about iPhones but download the app called 'Device Switch' on the iPhone as well as the Classic and follow the info on how to transfer and you should be all set to go.

Just make sure to turn off that iMessage feature otherwise it can get pretty ugly to send and receive text messages when you're going to use the Classic.

Welcome to the community

Posted via CB10
    Jill Sedares likes this.
    02-18-15 08:45 PM
    Hi, Long time lurker. Been waiting for Classic to launch w/ Verizon. I'm over the iP and can't wait to go back to my BB. Can anybody offer me steps on how to go about the switch if/when the classic become available and if it's not avail in the Verizon store? Since I've been w/ the iPhone for for a few years it's been easy to just walk in to the Verizon store and the reps would do everything for me as far as giving me my new iP and transferring my info. Are they still going to be able to help me transfer my info? Is there anything special I'm going to need to do?
    Can't speak from experience but it shouldn't be any different than any other contacts transfer, in theory. As far as it becoming available on Verizon, I doubt that'll happen as AT&T just picked up exclusive rights to it, at least for the conceivable future. That being said, I hope you won't let that bar you from considering a change in carrier. The device, at least to me, is more important than the brand of service, considering the service is largely the same anywhere you go (calls are calls, texts are texts...). I'm not in the position where a small difference in monthly fee affects me, but I understand some have legacy contracts with unlimited data that they don't want to get rid of, or for economic reasons they can't. That's not a put down, either, for anyone in that position.

Oh, and welcome to CrackBerry!
    Jill Sedares likes this.
    02-18-15 08:47 PM
    . As far as it becoming available on Verizon, I doubt that'll happen as AT&T just picked up exclusive rights to it, at least for the conceivable future.
    Bummer, I was hoping this was true: "Verizon BlackBerry Classic Arriving February 26th" but you think it is a rumor?
    02-18-15 08:59 PM
    As mentioned, device switch should do the job. Also check for similar threads in the forum for advice on getting Apple to let your text messages through to your non Apple phone.
    Jill Sedares likes this.
    02-18-15 09:01 PM
    Bummer, I was hoping this was true: "Verizon BlackBerry Classic Arriving February 26th" but you think it is a rumor?
    I completely missed that headline. My apologies for being ill informed!

That said, Verizon has been EXTREMELY hush on supporting BlackBerry devices since the Z30 was pulled. While it may very well be true and it'll come on the 26th, it's equally likely, in my opinion, that it will either be an online-only device or it won't come at all. AT&T has openly supported BlackBerry in the past, so I'm more inclined to trust them as it's the company coming out and saying it, not some leak from somewhere that Blaze found. Not that I don't trust Blaze...
    Jill Sedares likes this.
    02-18-15 09:04 PM