Hello I have a question. My contract is up in may and I am on my parents plan I have my line of the bill mailed to me but it is under their name. I didn't have any credit at the time. So now I want to make a new account in my name but I want to keep my phone number. Do I have to wait till my contract is up, cancel that line and create a new acoount and hope they still have my number avilable? Or how does the process work?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-09 04:10 PM
    Nope, all you would do is whats called an Asumption of Liability. Basically you go into a store with your parents and have them run credit for your line of service so it can be in your name. Very simple.
    04-27-09 04:13 PM
    You can actually do it over the phone...

Have your parents call in to Verizon and have them release liability for your number. They will have to give your name. Call into the assumption of liability department and tell them you want to take over that number. They will run your credit and all that jazz, and if approved they will transfer it to your own account.

I just did this with my wife's phone number when we got married. It only takes about 10-15 minutes.
    04-27-09 04:33 PM
    They are all correct above but sometimes if you don't have credit Verizon will limit your plan for several months. When I first got a cell phone several years back I was only allowed into the most basic plans. Maybe they have changed things since then. Good luck.

04-27-09 04:46 PM
    Thank you guys do I have to be out of my contract to do this or can I switch it when still under a contract?

04-27-09 05:15 PM
    Can someone tell me if I can do this before my contract end date or do I have to wait for my contract to end?

04-27-09 06:02 PM
    You can do it now if you like
    04-27-09 06:30 PM
    You can do it at anytime.

It won't start your contract over or your new every 2. Sometimes the dates for these do get messed up when AOLs are done, so you may want to check.
    04-27-09 06:37 PM
    Ok thanks guys

04-27-09 07:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD